“a wedding” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Westport
Nashville, Tennessee
“a wedding”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We went for my sons wedding at the end of March. This was an overflow hotel. We found the staff, especially Charles, very accommodating and the property to be pet friendly, which was important to us. It is two hotels in one. The front hotel is a renovated motel with access to the rooms from the outside while the building in the back is their nicer rooms and suites. We would send guests there in the future and recommend the rooms in the back altho the smaller motel rooms were very clean.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Nora G, Manager at The Westport Inn, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to review our property on trip advisor.
We very much appreciate and value your feedback. The review will serve as encouragement to all of our staff and specially Charles as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

81 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Albany, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My boyfriend and I decided to visit CT so we found a Groupon for a one night stay at The Westport Inn. When we arrived, the women at counter was not very personable whatsoever. She came off miserable and rude. She couldn't even find our reservation when we booked it two weeks prior. I clearly showed her our print out and she was simple like "Well, it's not here". Thankfully, they did have a room available. We wished we stayed else where. The Inn seemed nice but it does need a little upgrading around the outside. Two lights in the room didn't work and we had pillow cases that were stained. The only positive thing is they did have complementary toothpaste at the front desk cause we forgot ours. The check out time is noon, but we wanted to leave by 9am.

• Stayed March 2014
Nora G, General Manager at The Westport Inn, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Kristen,

I'd like to thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at the Westport Inn. Unfortunately, we failed to meet your expectations as well as our own. I assure you that your comments have been addressed with our management and Front Desk teams and will be used in training and development of all of associates. I have also made our Housekeeping and Facilities staff aware of additional measures to take while inspecting our rooms before guests' arrivals.

In no way is your experience indicative of the level of service we expect to provide our guests. I hope that, should your travels bring your back to Westport, you will offer us a chance to improve upon your impression of the Westport Inn.

Warm Regards,

Nora Gomez

Travelers are raving about these Westport hotels

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Went away for a bit of relaxation.The wesport inn was very quaint for my husband and myself.Rooms were on the small side,but they're beautiful! We drove around and fell in love with Westport.This will be a summer destination.We went for a drive to the beach which was less than 2 miles from this inn. Our biggest find was Stew Leonards,"the worlds largest dairy store" as seen on RIPLEYS BELIEVE IT OR NOT!This store has everything you could want to eat and then some.People including celebrities come here!"WE DIDNT GET LUCKY TO SEE ANY" but well be back here in the summer,cannot say enough about it!GO TO THIS INN!!! Tina9222

Room Tip: Our room235 was very noisy with the heating unit.We had to turn itoff,but still could here the other...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Nora G, General Manager at The Westport Inn, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Tina,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review in Trip advisor regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.
There is plenty to do in the Westport area including a couple of beaches which seems that you got to see, they are wonderful during the summer months. Westport has tons of great restaurants and stores as well. We hope to see you again in the summer!

ngomez@westportinn.com
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

To sum-up, the Westport Inn is a nicely gussied-up motor inn, i.e., access rooms from outdoors. If you are a Choice Rewards member and use it while booking, you receive an unexpected nice package of water bottle, nuts, and (formerly local) Pepperidge Farms goldfish.

I didn't expect the outdoor "hallway access" from the photos. Had to walk a fair amount and use stairs with luggage. When I checked in, a gentleman carried my bag which I appreciated after a traffic-y drive.

The king room (#211) room was quite large, clean room & bath, nice linens. The bed was okay ... a little "springy" meaning I could tell it was a spring mattress. I could hear the Post Road traffic (or I-95) from my room, but I live in an urban area so the low hum didn't bother me much. The window was drafty, though I could control the temperature which is always very nice!

Annoying to no end--at 9:15am someone knocked-knocked-knocked on the door with a key -- horrible sound. Then again 2X later until I left at 1:45, despite the fact that I had asked for a late check-out. I think they believe the key-knocking is less disturbing than fist, but that sound went straight up my spine. I don't think they could hear me asking/yelling them to stop, because I did yell and they didn't stop.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the back, away from the Post Road & I-95. Though you may need to schlep mo...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
W Paul B, Manager at The Westport Inn, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property on tripadvisor.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

This is my first time staying at the Westport Inn. Both Angelica Miller (supervisor) and Charles Brady went out of their way to offer outstanding customer service and ensure that my needs were met. The maid even left a small handwritten note slipped under the door asking me to let her know if I needed anything at all (I had the "Do not disturb" sign hanging on my door knob). I have never had such outstanding customer service offered even at 4-star hotels in major cities before.

As for my accommodations, the bedroom and bathroom were quite clean. The linens and towels were clean. Everything worked as it should. To top it all off, the restaurant (The Red Hen) attached to the hotel offered delicious food and served it quite promptly. The Red Hen offered a great value, just like the Westport Inn.

I can honestly say that I look forward to my next stay at the Westport Inn and know that I will relish that stay as I did the last.

R. Huang

Room Tip: All the accommodations are great at the Westport Inn.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

I think this place would be better in the warmer months. Some of the rooms have outdoor entrances,so in the winter a bit of a challenge. The suite was a nice size. Furniture was very bland but served its purpose. Staff was very nice. Good value for the price.

• Stayed December 2013
Wakefield, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

We were coming from England for a family wedding. On check in we did a room pre-auth with a card but said that on check out we were paying with a different one so not to charge that card.

While there the stay was plesent shame the bar wasnt open in the day.

On checkout we sere told to sign a receipt and low and behold they had charged the wrong card! We explained we had specifically said not to and i was told "dont worry you'll get a refund, can take 24 hours to 5 days" of which really annoyed us we were going to NYC after and i was now just short of $500 down! Not happy!

Called my card company and they said if they could get simple details i could have the money back in four hours. We called the hotel to have the phone pit down on us, to be told there was no manager, and when emailing no reply.

We got home to England STILL NO MONEY! i had spent my whole time in NY with alot less money than planned!

Took a strong email for someone to actually reply - the hotel had given me a refund but never cancelled the pre-auth meaning they were still holding the money. 30 days later i finally got my money back, i emailed to say it was through and the reply i got "ok thanks for telling us" no apology nothing!!

I was disgusted by the lack of communication, service, help and overall making what should have been an amazing trip a stressful one. My phone bill was £115 from trying to sort this out!

I shall never go here again and i make sure to tell everyone about this!

• Stayed September 2013

Been to The Westport Inn? Share your experiences!