“On the verge of leaving” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Westport
Waterbury, Connecticut
“On the verge of leaving”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

A standard room (meaning older room) is very small, even with two queen beds in it. The air-conditioner is programed to only be on(functioning) when there is movement in the room. So basically, when your sleeping or sitting still, the air shuts off. It took me several visits from the hotel engineering department and a couple of calls to the front desk, before someone finally told me why the room couldn't get any cooler. So I stated we were going to leave. The front desk said that they would let us stay in another building (newer room) for the same cost.. The room had it's own air-condtioner and was more spacious. So we stayed. We also found out the indoor pool was not open because another patron "broke a glass in there". The pool remained closed for our entire stay. At home, when my charge card bill came i noticed they charged me an additional $50 for the upgraded room! What a shame.

Room Tip: Do not go with the standard room, fixtures are old, some broken. There is no space to walk around a...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
ahs01, Manager at The Westport Inn, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay at The Westport Inn. I am sorry for the difficulty you experienced with our heating & air conditioning system and the closing of our pool. We take guest safety very seriously and this was an unfortunate incident where we had to make sure no one was injured from the broken glass. Our Manager will be contacting you to correct the $50 charge. We hope you give us another opportunity in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Helotes, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I booked this hotel through priceline, so for $60 a night, it was fine. The location was perfect for my needs but everything else was mediocre at best. I stayed for 10 nights, but at check out was only asked about my last night's stay. The hotel has been "remodeled", more like slapping lipstick on a pig. It is an old motel from the 60's (I grew up in the area, so I know it really has not changed much)with the front building having doors that open to, at times, a very loud parking lot, especially after people had been drinking at the bar and yelling at each other across the parking lot on the way to their rooms. Doors certainly have not changed since the 60's, had to put pillows against the door at night to keep out the air coming in the bottom of the door. Plugs were few and far in between and so old, they would not hold "modern" plugs, they just fell out. They had extension cords running all under the desk for power. Pretty sure this is not up to fire code! Had to unplug either the lamp, coffee maker, and/or TV to plug in chargers, laptops and the iron. Closet door fell off and had to ask twice to have someone come fix it. When he finally did, he seemed annoyed and there was never an apology for the door falling on me! Housekeeping was a joke. Several days, I got no coffee for the cheap one cup coffee maker. Saw others mention coffee and snacks in the lobby, there was never anything there when I checked.Had to ask front desk twice for coffee before actually getting some. Towels were not always replaced. If I had 4 dirty towels, I might get one or two clean ones in return. Housekeeping showed up whenever they felt like it at all different times of day. I waited to go to the fitness center one day as the housekeeper was in the room next door. Had to stop her as she left the area for another part of the building to have her clean my room? Why wouldn't you clean the rooms in succession??? All in all, very disappointed, but not as much as some of these people who paid $199 a night. It is a $60 motel at best.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
ahs01, Manager at The Westport Inn, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for the feedback from your recent stay at The Westport Inn. We have addressed your issues and taken steps to improve the shortcomings you experienced. We hope you give us another opportunity in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Westport hotels

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Had a great weekend in Westport a few weeks ago. Kim and Antonella were fantastic! Helped me book rooms and find the BEST breakfast at Dunvilles Sunday morning. Loved our time by the fire Saturday night hanging out with Nicole and the restaurant crew. Rooms were very clean and we were able to adjust the heat to our liking...that was great! Only disappointment was the pool could have been a little warmer and deeper. I wish there was a hot tub as well. Overall very clean, updated and SUPER friendly which means a lot to me!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Manchester, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was in town on business and a colleague booked rooms at the Westport Inn. Driving up, there was plenty of parking in front and we pulled right in. Check-in was very quick, standard card for incidentals, and we were off to our rooms. The (single king bed) room was absolutely adequate for me to get some work done - strong WiFi signal, easy to login. Breakfast the next morning was a pleasant surprise; there's a small restaurant in the hotel that does a fantastic job. The lunch menu looked just as good, but I didn't have a chance to try it. I'll stay here again the next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We stayed at the Westport Inn for 2 days in early February during the blizzard. Since the roads were shut down, people's travel plans were completely disrupted. Assistant Manager Ron Nassef and his team worked tirelessly long hours to accommodate everyone's needs during the disruption. With us personally, the staff was very flexibile as to checkout time and this made a huge difference for us. This was a great place to wait out the storm as the rooms were very comfortable, and the well equipped fitness room and indoor pool were just the thing while we waited for the roads to reopen. The underground parking was a huge bonus for us as we did not have to dig out the car the next day. We would definitely stay at the Westport Inn the next time we need a room in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Colebrook, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay at this wonderful hotel...

I was warmly welcome by the staff... They offered me a complimentary room upgrade in a superior room in a quiet area...

Very spacious room with very good wifi Internet, nice flat screen tv and luxury shower area...

The only small downside was the attitude of the server at the restaurant... Very snob and took forever to take my order and answer my questions about the menu...

Even if I arrived before other guest he simply seem to ignore me... Well, this is the only bad thing that happened to me in this lovely stay..

• Stayed February 2013
Easton, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

The entire staff made for a comfortable and successful respite from the storm! Special kudos to Kim and the front desk staff ...and the maintenance guys who even cleaned and scraped the two plus feet of snow off our Suburban! Very special food and service in the Red Hen Restaurant...they opened early in the morning and stayed open all day and night as we all waited for the roads to reopen... We couldn't leave until nearly 8 pm the day after the storm and they didn't charge us and couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. Will recommend this clean, nicely furnished Inn that has a generator, to everyone!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Westport Inn? Share your experiences!