“upscale, new room” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Westport
Lafayette Hill, Pennsylvania
“upscale, new room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

We had a room in the newer section and it was spacious, spic and span and very quiet, on the second floor. There had been a large party of people in the ballroom on the first floor but we did not hear them. The beds were wonderful. The bathroom while very pleasant, did not have a heat lamp or a vent, and was a little cold but the newness and overall modern, simple furnishings made up for any issues. The front desk staff was polite and we enjoyed drinks later in the evening in the lobby bar with our family. I think though for the price, the breakfast could have been included. Miriam, Philadelphia

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor of the new section and book it early as they are very busy.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
HotelMngr1595, General Manager at The Westport Inn, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
Thank you so much! The team strives for making each guest smile. So glad they delivered. Cocktails in the lobby such a great way to relax with friends, happy you took advantage of the space.

Safe travels,

Yolande A.M. Lacan

90 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

Since my last review of the Westport Inn I've had the opportunity to give it a try post-construction. I think they're all done with the noisy bits, which makes those of us who work til midnight or three am happier in the morning. They've done a really nice job with the re-furb, adding rooms and updating pretty much everything. It was like new, clean, pleasant, with the same great staff as before (at least I recognized the folks I saw) and I can only complain about one thing now: I miss the waffle machine they used to have. The breakfast was scaled back considerably with just carbs to eat, as I now recall.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Mamaroneck, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

Recently my wife and I stayed at the Westport Inn and the previous reviews are correct it's a motel. The "restaurant" is not off the lobby, it's in the lobby. What really surprised us our 1st night was how rowdy a few Bar Mitzvah guest could get. I can't imagine how any parent could allow there children to scream and horse around right outside guest rooms after midnight. Then there was some work crew throwing pipes into a truck -I guess breaking down the party- around 1am not even trying to be considerate of guest trying to sleep. Honestly we expected more decorum in CT. Sunday the front desk explained we should have called to complain and someone would have addressed our concerns. Maybe, but at other hotels we never had to anything like that. Next time we'll drive right past Westport Inn.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

I purchased a Groupon to stay here for my husband's Christmas gift. Too bad we can't even get there! We have tried to book but have been told it is now booked through the expiration date. The deal I purchased was for night's stay and a $50 food credit to their hotel restaurant. They are trying to say that we can still get a room before the expiration date (3/31) but we'll only get a bottle of champagne!! The reason I bought the Groupon was for the food credit. I could have found nicer hotels for cheaper than $85 during the winter months if I wanted just the room. It's beyond despicable that they won't honor the deal I purchased. Not to mention after reading reviews that they were on other deal outlets (Travelzoo and Coupnish). maybe you should have seen how the deal would gonon one site before being overwhelmed and screwing people over.
My husband and I also have multiple calls in to the manager who has refused to return our calls. I'm working with Groupin to hopefully get our money back but they weren't sure. What a waste! And what a disgraceful hotel. If they oversold Groupons maybe they should consider extending the expiration date. 910 Groupons were sold, there is no way they accommodated everyone in3 months!

Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelMngr1595, General Manager at The Westport Inn, responded to this review, March 13, 2012
There seems to be some confusion so please allow me to clarify. The Groupon that was purchased was sold prior to Christmas and redeemable through March 31st. Since you have a limited travel window of only the next two weekends, we unfortunately are unable to accommodate you at this time. There is still availability over the next 2 and a half weeks, just not the next two Friday and Saturdays. In the future, we suggest booking earlier as availability is limited as stated on the voucher. We would love to host you at our hotel so please do contact us again in hopes we can find an alternative date that will satisfy you.
Yours in hospitality,
Yolande Lacan

Travelers are raving about these Westport hotels

Surrey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

Good value for a hotel in this location. Rooms in the new section are better. Staff helpful and efficient. Cross between a Motel and Hotel. Quiet even when full. Bar closes early, Hotel is planning to extend hours. Still some rennovation work being carried out, mainly decoration, not noisy. Good covered and open parking.

Room Tip: New section rooms better.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
HotelMngr1595, General Manager at The Westport Inn, responded to this review, February 28, 2012
Thanks so much for your comments. Hope that your next trip gives me the opportunity to get to meet you!

Safe Travels,

New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

I went to the Westport Inn with a girlfriend for a midweek night. We were looking for a mini-retreat. We purchased the spa package which included breakfast, two cocktails at the hotel lobby bar, and a gift certificate to a nearby spa. I wasn't so sure about the place as i drove up as it looked like a 1960s motel, which it used to be. However, the hotel just completed a $4 million renovation and was very nice on the inside. Our room had a noisy fan, and when we mentioned it to the front desk, they switched us right away to another room on the second floor facing away from the main road. Inside the room was decorate beautifully and everything looked new. The beds were especially comfy, but the hot water was a bit tempermental. The pool is a little depressing and it wasn't quite warm enough to justify a swim. Breakfast was ok - nothing special. The spa was a strange little place, but the massages were great.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the back and on the second floor. Don't select a room facing the main road...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
HotelMngr1595, General Manager at The Westport Inn, responded to this review, February 27, 2012
Thanks so much for coming to visit. The folks at Pia Lauren Spa, are amazing. I hope you got to try the skin care line! So glad the desk was quick to respond to your concerns.

Safe Travels,
Merrick, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

We just came back from the Westport inn. We used a promotion from Travelzoo, which included a night stay and a $50 coupon at the restaurant. We travel a lot and we use good hotels/resorts.
This is a small hotel which has been recently renovated. The new building has the pool and the fitness center. The rooms are bigger that the rooms in the front but the furniture is new and the same in both buildings. You can upgrade for $30. The place is inmaculate and the staff very nice, polite and helpful. Thanks Antonella for your good advice and friendly manners.
The restaurant is very small but the food is good. What else you can ask for??

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelMngr1595, General Manager at The Westport Inn, responded to this review, February 24, 2012
Thank you Monica! We are so glad you had a good time. My favorite rooms are the back building as well ; )

Safe travels,

Yolande Lacan

Been to The Westport Inn? Share your experiences!