“This is THE spot to have your wedding!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn at Longshore

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Westport
The Inn at Longshore
You added The Inn at Longshore to your Saves list
260 South Compo Road, Westport, CT 06880   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Westport B&B and Inns
Stamford, Connecticut, United States
“This is THE spot to have your wedding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

We wish to thank the Inn at Longshore for a flawless wedding event this past weekend.

Kacy, was so helpful in addressing every detail and coordinating all the efforts with the numerous vendors and her patience and project management was superb. She was there for me (the bride) every step of the way; we could not have hoped for more.

Eddie, the Banquet Manager, has amazing customer care and precision in executing on every detail. He has a generous, personable style and connects with people quickly. He calm nerves and gives assurance when needed but was also so discreet. PROFESSIONALS that's what we have to say about the staff here. They're PROS.

Congratulations to the Longshore Inn, they are fortunate to have such committed and dedicated employees; it is a credit to the leadership there!

In addition, the upstairs suite that comes with the package is gorgeous. There are views of the LI Sound, the room is impeccably clean, the bathroom was a luxury. The room was the perfect size for me and my wedding party to get ready in. It was all just perfect!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Orefield, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

When I googled Bed and Breakfast Westport CT area the Inn at Longshore came up, it is far from a B & B to say the least. In the past B & B's that my husband and I stayed at were warm, cozy, inviting as soon as you walk in the front door. Usually the breakfasts are a bonus, but this breakfast was very poor...in fact you can get a better breakfast at a Comfort Inn at half the price. Warm yogurt, banana's (only fruit) rotten, cold banana bread and water for tea, coffee was burnt and creamer spoiled.
In the description for the room it said it overlooked the golf course, it overlooked the parking lot.
But, the gentleman that checked us in was friendly and he did print out menu's from area restaurants the room/bathroom were clean, but if you think your going to get the typical B & B atmosphere and breakfast, I would not go here.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Stamford, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

My daughter had her heart set on an outdoor wedding by the water which narrowed our list of venues. She fell in love with the Inn after viewing pictures of ceremonies and cocktails hours that had been held there and there was no talking her down. Unfortunately, the banquet rooms as well as the guest rooms left much to be desired. This is an elegant old structure badly in need of renovation, paint and new carpeting. The carpet smells like cat urine. We were told that the smell eminated from a centerpiece they had in their lobby. They need to change florists!!! While the venue was very dissappointing, the food met our expectations. The seafood bar and sushi bar at the cocktail hour were wonderful, as were dinner and coffee bar afterward. Given the condition of the property, I don't feel the cost of the reception was comensurate with the value.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Bridgeport, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

The wedding reception could not have been more beautiful. Kacy did not even bat an eye when we asked her to take every white candle out of the Inn and replace them with red candles. They put our centerpieces together for us and the place was gorgeous. We had several last minute issues that were handled beautifully. After the cocktail hour at the very last minute my very dear aunt and uncle who originally declined due to health, were able to join us. The table was set and they were accommodated seamlessly. Every guest complimented us on the food, beverage and service.

We give the Inn at Longshore our highest compliments in organizing our very unique and special day. I never even mentioned to them that the bride has her PhD from UNLV in Hospitality Administration and her pet peeves include common mistakes made by servers. And I never needed to, the service was impeccable.

In spite of the added pressure of us being in Taipei for a ceremony the week before, many guests not speaking English, the usual shenanigans that comes from an Irish Wedding, children running everywhere, and the servers being under a magnifying glass, they performed at the most professional level. This level of service, quality of food, and attention to detail is hard to find not only in Connecticut, but anywhere in the world.

MingLun Lee, PhD Hospitality Administration

Room Tip: Ask for water views!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

I recently had my wedding reception at Longshore and had an outstanding experience. It was wonderful every step of the way - planning with Kacy and working with Eddie and the event staff on the day of the wedding. Our guests were amazed by the beautiful waterfront setting of the cocktail hour, and the indoor space worked very well for a reception of our size (150 people). We also had a great experience with the rooms - our bridal party spent the night before the wedding there, and it served as a great space to gather and then an easy and fun venue to get ready together on the morning of the wedding.

Thank you, Longshore! Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Stratford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

Such wonderful hospitality. Staff at the Inn at Longshore know how to take great care of their brides and grooms!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Rutherford, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

I booked my wedding here a year before the event. From start to finish, Longshore met and exceeded my expectations. The event manager, Christine, and coordinator, Kacy (who is very detail oriented and will keep you on track leading up to the event! also very accessible for questions) were great, so I knew I was in good hands from the beginning. The property sits on the Long Island Sound and is a pretty white building. Inside is updated and has a classic look with nice bathrooms and tasteful decor. The layout is great - there are no bad seats, as the dance floor is in the middle with circular tables on both sides. It has a very "open" feel, with large windows overlooking the sound, and area a few steps above the dance floor and seating area. The bar is nice too. The space has a semiformal feel, which is great if you are looking for a nice, updated location that it's too stuffy (for e.g., instead of crystal chandeliers, they have nice lighting with little lampshades). Bathrooms are nice too. You also have the options of electing for cocktail hour outside (can't comment - unfortunately it rained but it was still a great party!) and teh ceremony (I went with a nearby church). There are a lot of good photo opportunities around the property, including a small sailing school if you don't mind that they will continue to do their thing while you are there (wasn't a problem for us).

In a nutshell, I reviewed upwards of 50+ properties in NY, NJ and CT online and was able to easily cross off a ton based on the websites. I was not interested in outdated decorating, old carpet, or tacky. If you want a semiformal, nice place with good food, excellent planning resources, and a historic yet updated feel, check out Longshore! It was one of the 6 or so properties I thought worthy of visiting in person and it was an easy call for me, my then-fiance-now-husband, and my mom.

Oh and the bridal suite is very nice for the evening after the wedding! Two rooms - bedroom and a large area with a couch. Nice bathroom too.

Oh and for those who are budget conscious, the mimumum for Friday night is cheaper than Saturday. Worth considering!

For those that are considering this property for reasons other than guests of a party, I'm sure it's nice for you but just be aware that Longshore seems to predominantly be an event space for important events.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The Inn at Longshore? Share your experiences!