“THIS PLACE IS IN CT, NOT WA” 3 of 5 stars

+1 203-454-0154
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Post 154 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #55 of 138 Restaurants in Westport
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night
new canaan ct
“THIS PLACE IS IN CT, NOT WA”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Disappointing, despite the NY Times review in 11/16/13 Metropolitan section. Three of us went for ladies lunch on 11/10/13. Even seated on a banquette at one end of the room, it was too noisy. The maitre d' and waiters couldn't cope with the Sunday rush, service was poor. The imaginative, well-priced menu suffered in execution. My blackened trout sandwich tasted like catfish, none of the promised sauce to flavor the iceberg lettuce and hothouse tomato. My appetizer was forgettable. The chocolate flan for dessert, however, was deliciously thick and intense, although it was ornamented with mushy canned mandarin oranges that contributed only unwanted liquid, and a lacey spun sugar piece like a large snowflake with no flavor. My friends liked their appetizers and small plates - a creamy fish chowder was a hit. If you head to the restrooms you may want to take the elevator, as the stairs down are steep and long.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Weston, Connecticut
“New Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Good variety of food wine&appetizers. Nice digs! Friendly bar area and knowledgeable people.Valet parking and friendly staff.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Worth a Try”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Based on earlier reviews, it seems this new restaurant is already working out most of its service glitches although I'd still recommend against the dry tostones (we had a chat with the chef and hope he improves this offering). Everything else was wonderful, especially the eggplant "meatball" parmesan, crab tater tots, scallops and grits, tuna tartare and the Tres Leches for dessert. Cool vibe, great music and amazing renovation of the space. We'll be back!

Estero, Florida
“Apps not dinner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Corn soup and mussels were wonderful. Pickled cauliflower, so good. However, we sent back 3 of the 5 entrees. We ordered veal and rib eye steaks, med. All came dry and well done. I love rib eye. I never had it cut so thin and so hard to chew. For 39.00 the portion was tiny. Usually, I can't finish a rib eye and bring it home.. The service was great and the rib eye was removed from the bill... I will return for drinks and apps... PS. Don't order the plantains.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
CT
“I really wanted to love this”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Maybe it was because it was the Sunday of a three day weekend? I don't know. Anyway, the ambiance it lovely, they did a great job inside. Out waitress was lovely, as well. tHe food, meh. The service, not so good. For apps, my husband had the corn soup, which was very good and I had the caesar salad. Dressing was good, but there was waaaay too much of it so I could not finish as the last pieces of lettuce were drenched in the dressing. The "crouton"? that came with it was very good and had a nice flavor of garlic. However, the bread that came with the meal tasted like nothing...no flavor, just bland. My husband said that this was also the case when he was there previously for lunch. Entrees were just ok. The short rib(s), not sure if there was more than one, was ok. My steak was also ok, but came swimming in the sauce, which was also looking like it had set under the warmer for a bit too long. We shared the apple empanada, which was really good. Why is it that so many restaurants do so well with apps and deserts, but not so good with entrees? Anyway, service was all over the place, and we waited a long time between apps, main course, and dessert. The waitress was very good about keeping our drinks full, but delivered our bill before our desert even arrived, and it was the wrong bill! I was so disappointed about being disappointed! May try it again since it is still fairly new, but I wont be running back!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere