“Took over 90 minutes to deliver the wrong order” 1 of 5 stars

(203) 222-8181
Website
Improve this listing
Norwalk, Connecticut
“Took over 90 minutes to deliver the wrong order”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We ordered take-out Thai and sushi from Bistro 88 on Saturday around 7:30. We were quoted 30 - 45 minutes for delivery. I chased up after about an hour to be told it would be 5 minutes.
The food finally arrived over 90 minutes after we ordered, and the sushi order itself was incorrect. I phoned to ask to get the correct sushi roll, was assured this would be with me in 15 minutes.
My sushi roll finally arrived after 35 minutes. The miso soup was oversalted and delivered at a tepid temperature, and nigri sushi was uninspiring.
We would never consider using this restaurant again, there are plenty of far better alternatives in Westport.

Finally, this is the first time I've ever been sufficiently unhappy with a restaurant to leave a review - it really was that bad.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

westport
“A New Chinese place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Mixing asain regions (sesame noodles, beef and broccoli, and sushi) this new take out is well run and the food is great. Check it out.

Visited July 2012
New York City, New York
“New, good and friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Wanted to try this new restaurant with my family. We ate there for lunch. The eat-in space of the restaurant was much larger than I anticipated and can easily accommodate a family of 4-6. Now to the best part - food. For the table the group had the garden salad with ginger dressing, Sesame Chicken, Shrimp Tempura, General Tso's chicken and the Curry Katsu. Everything was delicious, we all cleared our plates. The ginger dressing for the house salad came in a porcelain dish on the side which was a nice touch. It tasted great! Fresh and homemade tasting, there were little pieces of ginger in it which I throughly enjoyed. The Sesame Chicken was quiet good, I ate ever bit and mopped up the sauce with the rice. I never tried the tempura, but I was told it was great. The batter looked light not heavy, which is something we always look for. I think the star of the day though was really the Curry Katsu. It was a green curry, mild, smooth and sweet. Even if you are not into curry - I think you will enjoy this.

I also would like to mention the staff. They were very friendly and helpful. I would definitely come back. On my list for the future - the sushi, they have an extensive list and I can't wait to try it. Their prices were very reasonable.

• Visited June 2012