“Incredible food, service, wine, atmosphere and energy!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Westport, Connecticut
“Incredible food, service, wine, atmosphere and energy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Angelo, the owner, is amazingly talented and took time to explain the dishes, ingredients and where they were from. Loved the wine list (awesome) and all his recommendations were right on! It tops my favortie 5 Star restaurants in the area. Thank you Angelo and the staff for a wonderful evening. Gail

• Visited April 2013
PaneEBENE, Assistant at Pane E Bene, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. They are very appreciated but more importantly we are happy you had a nice evening. See you soon!

“Revisited”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I still think the food and service at Pane e Bene are the best -- however, we visited it again last Saturday evening for my birthday.

My only suggestion is not to go there on a Saturday night. Even with a reservation we had to wait a half hour for a table -- it was occupied and the people lingered forever after finishing! It took another half hour for our salad to be served.

The owner was very apologietic and the staff tried to be helpful, but it is a small restaurant and, apparently, very popular.

So -- go, and you'll love it! But never on Saturday!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fairfield
“First Class, Great Food, Great Service, Great Owner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Just back from Pane Bene today and once again it was EXCELLENT.
Angelo with his warm greeting, prompt service, and the food!!!! Couldn't be better.
Started with a nice glass of Barolo with my olive oil and warm bread, then moved to the romaine salad with pears, walnuts, etc and finished with one of his specials, blackened Tuna. I complimented that with a nice glass of white (recommended by the bartender), and it couldn't have been a better match.
Anyway, suffice it to say, wonderful again!
Wish I could have stayed, Angelo draws the best crowd and it looked like it was a fun bunch at the bar.
But alas, back to work ;->
This is a very special place. Thanks Angelo!

• Visited January 2013
“Disappointing and Mediocre!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

This was our 2nd time at Pane e Bene, for lunch
1st: We wanted to give it another try: disappointing again! We walked in and waited 25 minutes for menus; being that we were only table 3 it was ridiculous. The waiter asked if we had heard about specials and my response was "could we first have reg. menus". He seemed overwhelmed and I can't figure out why? The service was horrible!! The female bartender seemed to be the individual looking over the dining room and helping put out customer service fires. Angelo needs to keep her and re-assess his staff.
2nd: for $9 the lobster bisque special was horrible: no lobster, no garnish and tepid temp
Chicken saltimbocca was good but potatoes were disgusting. They tasted old with no flavor.
3rd: it was freezing in that place and 2 other tables complained as well and finally after 45 minutes and 3 complaints later our table and 2 beside us the heat kicked on. It's unacceptable that I need to keep my jacket and scarf in a restaurant. We usually order coffee and dessert but couldn't wait to leave bc it just was not pleasant.
In need of serious re-organizing! We will not return! Go t0 o the Tarry Lodge, blows this place away!

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Couldn't be better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

My husband and I just returned home from dinner at Pane E Bene. I must say, without reservation, that it is the best Italian dinner I have ever had. We are great lovers of Italian cuisine, and have been to most of the restaurants in the area. The salads and vegetables were as fresh as if they had just been picked. I had Veal Concastagnego (with Marsala, mushrooms and black truffles) and he had a salmon with an orange sauce. I recently returned from three weeks in Italy, and didn't have any meal as delicious as this!

• Visited December 2012