“Worth the stop!!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 141 Restaurants in Westport
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Andre Iodice's dream of opening a family owned and operated regional Italian restaurant lives on with Finalmente Trattoria! Located in downtown Westport, CT just blocks away from the Westport Playhouse - it's the perfect place for an intimate dinner before or after your show! The combination of Andre and Guido's dedication to their customers, exceptional service, and delicate preparation of food has created the "Finalmente Family." "We enjoy long-lasting relationships with our customers and we are here to make our customers happy!"
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Worth the stop!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Passing thru enroute to Boston, and by chance found it.
Google map found the nearby location, as we pulled up I recognized it from a quick read of Trip Advisor I had completed earlier
Nothing could be closer to the highway and convenience
Staff was welcoming and friendly. Offered a few personal favorites and we jumped in. All 5 Tapas were outstanding.
The Lava cake alone would be worth the stop
TWO THUMPS UP!!!
We will be back

“Undiscovered gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

As a frequent diner in the area, I had avoided Finalmente, based on outward appearance and odd location but I was astounded and amazed at how delicious everything was. Most noteworthy - The garden fresh tomato sauce, the tapenade for the bread, the attentive and friendly service, the low-key and relaxed ambiance but the stand out of the evening was the lightest, most delicate cheesecake we've ever eaten. Make sure to leave room to savor every bite. We'll be back!

Fairfield, Connecticut
“Delightful little gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Yesterday, I had lunch in this delightful little gem, together with eight other women. The staff couldn't have been more courteous or helpful. The food was delicious! They started us off with a basket of interesting bread, together with an olive tapenade. I, together with two others, ordered the Bucatini Carbonara. I love Carbonara, and have had it many times in the past, but this was absolutely the best I've ever had. We all ordered the smaller portion for $12, and wished we had ordered the larger one ($19). The other women all enjoyed what they ordered. I had never been to Finalmente before, but expect to return for dinner, as well as lunch. The restaurant is small, but the tables are set apart from each other, and we felt that we had a "private party."

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Trumbull
“Three Words...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Mozzarella in carozza-I've never had a more unusual & crave worthy appetizer (egg battered mozzarella stuffed bread with anchovy butter sauce). But that was just the beginning of a wonderful meal in a small, intimate trattoria that you definitely must try! Just be aware there is no sit down bar.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“HAD HOPED FR SOMETHING BETTER”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Maybe I had a bad day; or maybe they did but after hearing it was great I found a plain restaurant with their too many settings in too small a place with too little pizzazz and a lunch which was equally uninspiring.
May go back for dinner and test their pasta before I write it off as the owner and staff appeared to want to try.

• Visited March 2014