We went to a wedding here in October and stayed over night. I will rate both the reception and room separately:
1) the bed was so comfortable I would have slept there all day. the bathroom was fine,though the shower was hard to figure out at first. The room was very quiet
2) The location is perfect, right on a small beach and right off the main highway.
3) we had a brunch the next day which was a scaled down version of the main brunch. It was just OK. The waffles were cold and the selection was limited (though this is probably due to the bride and groom limiting the food). We had waffles, scambled eggs, bacon, sausage, and some cereal. No fruit, no bagels, no pancakes. Not that great.
1) the wedding ceremony was held overlooking the ocean. it was almost perfect, though they did not have enough chairs for everyone. I would think a wedding coordinator would make sure that all the guests could sit.
2) the cocktail hour was good, better then the reception food. It consisted of cold appetizers (vegetables and dip, fruit, cheese and crackers, etc) and passed around hot appetizers. The food was very good, though they did not give us any utensils. How could you eat vegetables and dip with your fingers and also some hot foods? I finally asked for some and after 20 minutes they arrived.
3) Reception room was very nice, overlooking the ocean. The salad was OK, the pasta appetizer (ravioli with pesto) was fantastic. From there the food went downhill. The chicken was not edible. So dry!! and the broccoli rab was gross. They mixed up the food requests ( ie: someone asked for steak, but got fish since the back of the name card said F for filet, while the staff thought it meant F for fish. The staff got confused and kind of argued with the guests that they ordered the wrong thing. That was not good, the staff should have just provided the guests with the food they ordered. Out of 8 people at our table 5 people got their orders mixed up.
4) the wedding cake was not good at all. Still a little frozen in the middle.
5) the dessert bar was good with lots of different cheese cakes, candy, pasteries, ice cream.
Overall it was a good wedding, with a few hiccups. the room though was the best part!!!
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
November 28, 2012
Report response as inappropriate
Thank you very much for your review of our resort. It is so very helpful when we receive such detailed feedback in such a constructive manner. A review like yours really helps us to improve our product and service!
We hope to see you again soon,
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.