I spent an average 2 night stay at Water's Edge in July 2012.
The resort is located directly by the ocean, which is nice. My room had an ocean view, but with a fair amount of buildings in the foreground before you could see the ocean. The rooms are comfortable, but decorated in a very traditional "hotel" style like most Hiltons or Marriott chains. The air conditioning was good. The wireless internet was not strong in my room, and my computer kept losing the signal.
There was no real soap dish in the bathroom, so I repurposed the container that all the toiletries came in. Also there was a fair amount of noise that leaked into the room from the outer hall whenever people walked by.
The food served at the resort was fine. Nothing spectacular, but not terrible either.
The beach is small in size, but well kept and the water was good for easy ocean swimming. It was strangely complicated to get from the resort/hotel area to the beach, and required climbing quite a lot of stairs/walking through the main lobby/restaurant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waters Edge Resort and Spa offers elegant accommodations, superb dining and a waterfront location, making us the premier choice in Westbrook CT hotels. Ideally situated for business and leisure travelers, families, groups and couples, Waters Edge Resort offers guests a historic experience in a breathtaking setting for the most unforgettable stays. Enjoy onsite dining when you stay with us, rejuvenating spa services, expansive event space and so much more on the Connecticut shoreline. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Water's Edge Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Water`s Edge Resort And Spa
- Water`s Edge Hotel Westbrook
- Waters Edge Hotel