“The best!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night
Glastonbury
“The best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

Bill's is consistently good. Not fancy, but wonderful all the same. Patrons run the gamut from older couples with friends, bikers, families, business folks on their lunch hour, boaters from the nearby marinas, and of course, all the local flavor. They use a light cornmeal breading on their fried seafood which makes it very "ungreasy" and delish. Steamers are great. Teenaged son, who is a beef guy, loved the prime rib which was huge and cooked perfectly. The bartenders have a generous pour, and the live music is fun!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Massachusetts
“Nice sitting outdoors and good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

Inside was very dark, outside was lovely right next to the marsh. Food was good except the clam chowder. Would have been better if my salad dressing was on the side as I had asked, they drowned it in dressing and this also had my meat on it. I did have them put it on another plate which helped a little. The mixed seafood roll got good reviews, as did the tuna reubens with the exception of the tuna being a bit overcooked. It also took three request to get splenda for the ice tea... We would go back on a nice day.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Southbury, Connecticut
“Nice but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

Fiance and I spent day on the beach. It was late, we were hungry and found Bill's Seafood listed on our Garmin. Drove straight there and were really excited about our find!
Very nice staff, family-like atmosphere. You can either sit inside or on their big deck (picnic tables) with a nice view of the water. Right next to this deck is their open-air bar. Also cool.
Menu: extensive and very New Englandy (which I love).
Overall a great idea...but....and I know you have been waiting for this.
Fiance ate fried whole-belly clams and fries. I had steamers and fries. We didn't have anything at all before that meal nor after. Well...I assume, being at the ocean, that all the seafood is as fresh as it gets. I also assume though, that the oil for the fries might need a more frequent change.
To make it short - we both "struggled" that night and the next day. Just the thought of those super greasy fries made me a frequent visitor to our bathroom.
Sorry, but that's a thumbs down. If we both had not felt these "consequences" it would have been truly great. Therefore 3 stars.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Clinton, Ct
“Just nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

My boyfriend and I live in the area and we go here frequently, its nice to bring the kids in the summer to sit on the deck and watch the ducks and they love when small boats go by, its also great for a night out, just adults for the outside bar and rawbar even on chilly nights they heat the deck with portable heaters that keep the atmosphere warm and romantic yet still able to enjoy the sea air and the sunsets. The food is good and the service has always been great, Ive been coming here since I was a kid with my parents and even now its consistent with its great reputation. You cant beat it for its patio service and its mom and pop style dining inside.

Visited April 2012
CT
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

Bill's is an integral part to CT summers. It is a little shack on the side of the road but right on the water and under the singing bridge. Inside is dark with not a lot of atmosphere unless you are at the bar with a view. Outside on the deck are picnic tables. I love the outside bar. It's fun, outside, has a great view, great drinks, decent food and great bartenders. What more could you want?

Visited April 2012