“Baja Comes to the CT Shore!” 4 of 5 stars

(860) 399-8700
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Routier is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 33 Restaurants in Westbrook
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
old lyme
“Baja Comes to the CT Shore!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Sooo glad to see a new menu @ Routier. It's Baja/Fresh Mex & seems delightful. I had the pleasure of trying the Carnitas, delicious and generous for the price. Bar service with Tim is awesome...can't wait to try the Fish Tacos and Paella when I have a bigger appetite.

Old Saybrook, Connecticut
“Family reunion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

What a fun night out with all my first cousins. A great place for a get together. Easily accommodating to our larger than normal party. Very hip atmosphere and friendly service. The Heirloom Tomato and Halibut dish was sensational. As long as this was on the menu, I would get it everytime. Lots of hanger steaks, steak frites and Trout for our party. I give them big thumbs up and they were able to meet two dietary restrictions with ease. (gluten and garlic allergy)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New London, Connecticut
“Food doesn't live up to the hype.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Great service. Friendly, fast, helpful, polite. Nice atmosphere in dining room. We were looking forward to the food after reading the reviews. Cannot say I would return unless it was for a burger in the bar and I do not eat burgers. Endive salad was good and the server offered to split it for my husband and I. He ordered the hanger steak which was ok. He ordered the hanger steak because the menu was limited. I ordered the duck which was also ok. Neither of us finished our meal. The food wasn't bad but I think it is over rated.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Key West, Florida
“A nice treat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We had a great meal at Café Routier. We sat at the bar and it was very comfortable, and the service was good. There were lots of things to choose from on the menu, a nice variety. The ambiance is very pleasant, in between fancy and casual. The food was delicious, we cleaned out plates! I highly recommend the calamari. We also tried the fried oysters, and fish tacos, both were very good, but the calamari was outstanding. Price was fair for quality of food, both taste and presentation.

• Visited June 2013
Branford, Connecticut
“Very good food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We hadn't eaten here in awhile. What a treat. We all had a wonderful meal from the scallops to the hangar steak. Great service and a very pleasant atmosphere. This is a must do restaurant for all.

• Visited June 2013