“Great Place” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Old Saybrook, Connecticut
“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Excellent food and atmoshpere. Haywire makes you feel welcome and are friendly. Burgers are great. Restaurant is always packed.

Visited March 2013

Branford, Connecticut
“Brie and apricot burger”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Had dinner with friends here a few weeks ago and hoping to head back soon. We went early as we know it gets super busy. Our server was very friendly and our burgers were delish!

Visited February 2013
Old Saybrook, Connecticut
“Just OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I have been to Haywire twice now. Both times I thought is was just ok. The burgers are big and juicy, although my first time there my burger was a little dry and the rolls were cold and just ok as well. It seems the majority of the burgers have onions and bacon on them but there are several options so you can have what you want on them. I feel no matter what you have on the burger there just isn't any flavor.

Service was good just a little slow but it was very busy the first time I went. As another reviewer mentioned, the parking is really bad.

I would go back to try some of the other items on the menu.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Higganum, CT
“Good burgers, weird atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We've gone here twice for burgers. The selection is pretty extensive and creative. It should be easy for most people to find a burger they want to try. I think the food is good -- my husband was crazy about the coleslaw, which had a little bite to it (hot pepper?). We had no problem with service - it was very prompt. I'm not in a hurry to return, though, because I just can't get past the atmosphere. We sat in the back of the restaurant both times, where it just kind of feels like you're sitting in an echo-y school cafeteria. The tables are ugly and somehow have a cheap feel. The parking lot is really, really awful. Extremely poorly set up, with rows of cars parked so close together that it's really difficult to exit without k-turning your way out. I really think they need to do something about the parking!

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Good food, slow service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stopped in after a quick trip to the outlets. The wait was minimal. Server took orders and food arrived in a timely manner. As soon as the food was placed on the table our server came over and asked how was everything and that was the last we saw if her until we were done. My wife and I finished our beverages halfway through our meal with our server nowhere in sight.

• 4 of 5 stars Food