“My Vacation” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in West Haven
Spanaway, Washington
“My Vacation”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

My wife and I stayed at this motel from June 30 - July 5, 2014. The first day I notice there was only 1 face cloth and 1 hand towel in the room with 2 bath towels. I went to the front desk and ask for some more face cloths and hand towels. The front desk said they would bring some and leave them in the room. We went out and return later that night. There were no towels of any kind left in the room. The next morning I asked again for more face cloth and hand towels. They gave me 1 of each and each day when house keeping clean the room they left 1 face cloth and 1 hand towel. I had to ask for another face and hand towel every day. The AC was erractic because I had to ask to turn the AC on at least 2 days of our stay. I will pay more in another motel for much better service. I will never stay there again

Room Tip: Find another motel and do yourself a favor
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I only needed to stay there overnight, so the price fit my bill. A step up to a slightly better hotel would have been twice as much. The room was clean, but it needed updating. It faced I-95 and the road noise was a little loud, the door needed a better seal. The woman at the desk was very friendly. The breakfast was very limited, but it was free. The mattress was a little too soft for my personal liking. The room was reasonably sized. For the price, it is ok.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

I do understand that i was just using this place to sleep but it's gross. I was amazed upon checking out that they where telling the person in front of me to go on trip advisor and give them a rating. I then asked the clerk what she was asking people to fill out. I then showed her my picks of the room hair on the sheets,broken door, dresser door broke, fridge broke, bugs in bathroom as well as dust, soap scum and asked her for the paper she had given the customer before me which she really didn't want to give me. If you lose money in there machines there not responsible. There are other hotels at this exit go to those ones. I've stayed at the executive with great results they where booked this time. Keep in mind if you are traveling 95 or major highway's rest centers usually carry hotel/motel coupon books that are free to th general public. I have pictures will post later

Room Tip: No restaurant and I didn't see a pool but it was winter time so.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these West Haven hotels

Chantilly, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

Was in town for a seminar and needed a room for 2 nights....didnt need anything fancy just a place to sleep. Its a little dated but room was clean, bed was comfortable, the AC worked and it was quiet. Only complaint is the wireless service is slow and keeps cutting out. If you need a cheap place to stay this place is perfect.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Temple Hills, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I wish I could give a better review because I actually like the jacuzzi room that I stay in. Unfortunately there are many cons to staying there. There are cigarette burns in the comforter and sheets and iit seems like they dont even wash them. There are only two little flat pillows for the king size bed. The room size is huge BUT when laying in the bed you have to pull the dresser towards the bed as close as you can in order to watch tv without squiting. The bathroom is digusting as well. I just thing this place needs to be renovated because everything is Old. The price that I paid wasnt worth the stay at all. They should only charge $50/night for all rooms.......Dont think I'll be staying here again only did for the jacuzzi but I'd rather put my money towards something more cleaner, damn a jacuzzi.

Room Tip: Very Dirty
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Milford, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

I called the front desk because they did not change the sheets from the night before. I knew this because I had stayed in the room the two previous nights before and last night I had painted my nails, and a spot of nail Polish fell onto the sheet. Today when I pulled the comforter off like I do every other night, the same nail Polish was in the same spot on the sheet. The sheets were all wrinkly because my boyfriend and I had stayed the night before. The Indian woman at the front desk asked me if I wanted the housekeeper to come change my sheets, I said yes and she said, "oh well she just left until tomorrow morning so there is nothing we can do thank you or calling" and hung up. I was not oven fresh sheets and no one came to even check the incident. This is disgusting.

• Stayed February 2014
West Haven, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

I paid $98 for one night stay on saturday. I stayed in the second floor non-smoking room. I had to request to be placed in another room because my room smelled like a smokers room, the smell was so bad to the point were it made me sick to my stomach. I got moved to another room were it still smelled, but the smell was not as strong. We went out and purchased a fabreeze spray to help with the bad smells. The bending machine took our money twice when we tried purchasing some bottled water. Don't bother claiming it because there is a clear sign on the machine that says "no refunds" and "please do not notify clerk". It a scarry and dirty place, the heat is too much and the bathroom sink clogged.
I just could not wait for morning to check out. This is not worth $98 the night.

• Stayed February 2014

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!