“Authentic Turkish Meal” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Newark, New Jersey
“Authentic Turkish Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

If you are looking for an authentic Turkish meal.. this is the place to go .. So after visiting New Haven, Connecticut pass by West Haven and try it. You will not be disappointed. The prices are extremely reasonable.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Windsor Locks
“Love it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

It has amazing taste. Chef has great knowledge about Kebap, I am a kebap crazy but I always get "Iskender' when I visit this place, I think they have the best Iskender in this tri state. I tried in Ny for more price but it is not the same taste. Restaurant is good size much bigger than Turkish kebab house which is on same street. It is clean, but I think little pricy comparing to former years.

Visited February 2013
Hamden, Connecticut
“So glad we decided to try true Turkish cuisine once again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

A few years ago after returning from a trip to Turkey, I decided to visit a Turkish restaurant in New Haven. Was exactly what I remembered, and visited there again a couple of times. Today because I had heard so many great things about Saray Turkish Kitchen. we went out of our way to try it because I was in the mood for something different. Everything from the Kebabs to rice pudding was excellent, and the tasty Turkish tea really relaxed me. Like when the owner takes the time to greet his customers, and he warned us that our waiter was slow which proved to be true especially when more and more customers passed through the doors and he had his fair share of patrons to serve. Noticed that a high portion of those here were natives. This, of course, confirms that the food is very authentic which is the main reason I was attracted to visit.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Connecticut
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

For a tasty lunch treat Saray is always an excellent choice. Turkish food has taken hold as there are 2 wonderful Turkish restaurants on Campbell Ave in West Haven, CT. I prefer Saray because it has a more varied menu and better Turkish coffee! Great service, attentive wait staff all come together to make this a unique and pleasant dining experience.

• Visited February 2013
West Haven, Connecticut
“Good local flavor--from Turkey!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Extremely tasty food, super service---You know it is good when you see whole families coming in for a table---I assume regulars, of Turkish ancestry/descent. Everyone I have brought here has enjoyed the food and felt the service was above par.

Visited August 2012