“Good local flavor--from Turkey!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 129 Restaurants in West Haven
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
West Haven, Connecticut
“Good local flavor--from Turkey!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Extremely tasty food, super service---You know it is good when you see whole families coming in for a table---I assume regulars, of Turkish ancestry/descent. Everyone I have brought here has enjoyed the food and felt the service was above par.

Visited August 2012

New England
“A committed relationship”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Let me begin by saying, I love Saray in West Haven. I started my love affair with Turkish food while living in Germany, continued it in Toronto, and ran the bonanza while visiting Istanbul. I have been going to Saray on and off for the past three years and this is wonderful authentic Turkish food. They are consistently great. Saray has a large and diverse menu, from entrees to desserts. You can eat in their large well-decorated dinning room or order take out. Incidentally, I usually come for lunch when I am in the area and then order their Special Pie and Kiymali Pie to go. No shame! I love their food; lunch and dinner at Saray is perfectly appropriate on the same day. Their staff are all very nice and greet you with a warm smile and friendly conversation should you pursue it. I come here solo and I have brought many of my colleagues there for lunch and no one is disappointed.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Oxford, CT
“Love the food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We love this place. The food is very tasty and the menu has lots of variety. Service is professional and friendly if not a bit reserved. Dining room is a large rectangle and can get noisy when full. The cold appetizer plate (eggplant, yogurt, olives and great fresh bread) is our favorite.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Trumbull, Connecticut
“Best Turkish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Our first visit and we were more than pleased with the Donner with yogurt and Chicken Adana with yogurt. In fact they were superb. The felafel with salad was also wonderful. The desserts were as good as the best mid-eastern that I've had. No bar, but you can BYOB with no corkage fee.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New Haven, Connecticut
“Good option for Turkish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I'll open by saying that we don't have a lot of experience with Turkish food. But we were pleasantly surprised by how flavorful the dishes were, and how interesting everything was. As far as we could tell, Saray seems to be pretty authentic. The food was a little pricey for what you get, but not too unreasonable. Portions were quite large. Service was very good, but it wasn't too busy that night either. If you are in the mood for Turkish cuisine, this is a really good option.

• Visited July 2012