“Great Old World Italian” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
West Hartford, Connecticut
“Great Old World Italian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

A classic Old World Style Italian restaurant. My girlfriend and I ate outside where we were seranaded with the classics from Sinatra, Dean and others of the rat pack era. The food was excellent, from soup (tuscan bean) to dessert. I had their frutta di mare special - chock full of fresh clams, mussels, lobster, calamari, shrimp and scallops in a wonderful Fra Diavlo sauce over perfect al dente linguini. We also split an appetizer of very tasty fried calamari. My girlfriend had their classic linguini alla vongole in white sauce. Very garlicy and delicious!! We were never rushed and the wait staff was very attentive without being obtrusive! Definitley our favorite date night destination!

Visited May 2012

New Haven, Connecticut
“i love Biagetti's!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Seriously this is the best Italian Restaurant I have ever eaten at! The staff is friendly and knowledgeable, the food is tremendous, its family owned and operated (owners are there all the time), location is prime, the portions unbelievably huge, and the price is right. I'm not kidding any entree, is at least two servings any where else. These people know what they are doing! My favorite dish is the pork chops siciliano; we're talking 3 chops smothered in potatoes, peppers, and onions! Combine that with the soup or salad and I have dinner for at least 2 nights. Get any of their appetizers and forget I might take a couple of bites of the second chop! I love eating here and gladly recommend it to any one. Do yourself a favor and go to Biagetti's!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Milford, Connecticut
“Average at Best”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I see many rave reviews for this place here but I fail to see the attraction. My wife and I went for our anniversary. They would not accept reservations for less 6 people. We ended up waiting over an hour and a half for a table on a Saturday evening. Once seated, service was rather slow. I had to ask for bread three times before getting it. It was room temperature, not warm and fresh out of the oven. Butter was provided but no dipping oil as is standard at better Italian restaurants. We had an appetizer made with mozzarella and tomato with garlic infused olive oil. It was good. It took forever to get salads. I had the Delmonico steak with Gorgonzola and my wife had filet with fish surf and turf. Both dinners came with mashed potato and green beans, both of which arrived cold. The steaks and fish were average at best. Meanwhile drinks were left empty and it took a while to get another glass of wine. We thought about leaving at that point but decided to go for desert. We ordered Cappucino and Tiramisu. It took 15 minutes to get the coffees and still no desert. While waiting I told the hostess what I thought of dinner. Finally one of the kitchen staff came out with two deserts, neither of which was Tiramisu that we ordered. We were told they did not have any more Tiramisu and these were complimentary for the dinner issues. I do appreciate the gesture on trying to make good for the dinner. The restaurant is also pretty dated and could use updating. In the end my wife and I would never go back again. You can get a much better dinner all around at Campania or Assagio's in Branford or Amici's in Shelton.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Italian- American genre food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

Portions are grandissimo while quality and preparation are poverissimo. There seem to be plenty of fans of this genre of Italian-American cooking but it is lost on me. The pasta is overcooked as is the seafood. I guess some people like it that way; not me. Too much sauce, too much butter, too much mediocre olive oil. Gordon Ramsay needed.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
New Haven, CT
“A reliable delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Excellent every time. The way food should always taste. The outdoor patio and music make it feel like you're with family. If you like Wooster street in New Haven, you'll love Biagetti's.

• Visited July 2012