“Close to where we needed to be” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites New Haven - South - West Haven

You added Hampton Inn & Suites New Haven - South - West Haven to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites New Haven - South - West Haven
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   510 Saw Mill Road, West Haven, CT 06516   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Gas and Go!
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in West Haven
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Miami, Florida
“Close to where we needed to be”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Room was good and clean. However didn't know it would be a roof view. Fortunately very cold so a/c not being used. Room was quiet. Free breakfast was horrible except for the coffee and waffles. Fruit looked aged,no margarine or cream cheese for bagels. Eggs were powdery and dry with unmelted shredded cheese. Bacon was overcooked. I have stayed in many Hampton Inns and Hilton Garden Inns and must say this one isn't up to par. I will forgive the lobby cosmetics due to "facelift".

• Stayed December 2013
Holly A, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Haven - South - West Haven, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear Sara S,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear there were a few areas you were not pleased with. I will certainly be addressing the breakfast issues immediately. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. We do hope to see you again and I assure you the experience wll be much better.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has the friendliest staff I've ever encountered. Santana, the manager, bent over backwards to ensure we had a nice breakfast after the hockey team wiped out the breakfast buffet. He was friendly and helpful despite having worked a very long shift (he was working the desk when we checked in). The rooms were clean and nicely furnished. The rates were good, but the best part of this hotel is the customer service. Joshua at the front desk is super friendly and helpful as well. I hope upper management recognizes that the people here are outstanding, and will contribute greatly to repeat business. The customer feels truly valued here.

• Stayed December 2013
Holly A, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Haven - South - West Haven, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Dear homeschoolmamarama,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review regarding your recent stay with us. Our team is recognized regularly by us for their outstanding job, but it always that much more special when they see comments like these from guests like you. I will be sure to share this with Santana and Joshua. We hope to see you again soon.
New York, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

If you need a hotel around the new haven train station, you can't beat this hotel for the price and location. It is a few minutes drive from the station, and a short cab ride away from an Avis car rental, making it a great stopping point between NYC and Boston on Metro North.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Nicholas C,

We are really happy that our hotel location as well as the price made your trip a pleasant one. We hope to see you again on your travels.
North Babylon, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Hotel was clean, everyone was nice, room was clean. Complimentry breakfast always helps gets the day going. My friends loved the coffee in the lobby the whole time. The surrounding area was not the greatest but the hotel was perfect

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Drew C,

It was nice reading your review regarding your recent stay with us. Myself and the team here are very happy your stay was enjoyable. We look forward to your next visit!
Woodbridge, CT, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Overall good stay - staff was excellent, wheelchair accessibility was good except rubber strip at entrance to shower - mgmt said they'd investigate removing it. Comp. breakfast was typical steam table, but had good variety of items. Pool was nice.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear WandE11,

Thank you for your kind review regarding your recent stay with us. I am happy to see you enjoyed the breakfast and pool. Thank you for bringing the rubber strip in the shower area to our attention. Hope to see you again soon!
South Windsor, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

I stayed in this hotel in order to be near a swim meet which my daughter had to be at for 6 AM. There was a terrible ice storm, and at 5:45 Am, there were 2 hotel employees willing and able to assist with getting us into our car and scraping the 1/4 inch of ice off of it. When we came back to the hotel later that day, the power was out, and the staff handled it beautifully and professionally. Kudos!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Dear KCarrington1,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us. As I wish the weather was better for you, I am thrilled to see the staff was able to assist you during the storm and power outage. We hope to see you again soon!
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

The bed was cozy, the duvet was clean, the front desk was polite. But the noise from the highway was over the top. I reserved a 'suite' assuming there would be some separation between the living room & the bedroom - even just a dividing partition, or the TV but there was nothing. If i unfolded the couch it would have been almost within arms length of the bed. I know hilton hotels to be responsive to customer discomforts, but I'm also so used to them being pro-active in placing me in a room that fits my needs and falls in line with the requests I have in my hhonors account reservations. This hotel did not do that and I didn't have the time to deal with getting myself situated in another room. Can't beat a hilton breakfast though! love that waffle maker!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Holly A, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Haven - South - West Haven, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

I am so sorry to hear that your request for a higher floor was not acknowledged at check in. As we can not change the past I do wish we had the opportunity to move your room so that you were more comfortable. We do our best to prevent issues, but if they do arise we do our best to correct them as quickly as possible. We certainly would not want you to be uncomfortable for 3 days. Unfortunately all of our King Studio Suites are located on that end of the building near the highway. I was happy to read that you were pleased with you bed and the breakfast. We hope that this experience will be an exception and you will try us out again.

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites New Haven - South - West Haven? Share your experiences!