“I'm sure we will return” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Killingworth, Connecticut
“I'm sure we will return”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

My daughter in law picked this place for her birthday dinner. We had a great meal and a good time. They were very busy with a large number of people waiting outside for seating. There were four of us and our wait was substantially less than the 30 minutes we expected.

Our server was attentive and the food was delicious. My wife is now in love with Olive Garden. Probably just a matter of weeks before we are back.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
New York City, New York
“Olive Garden (franchise proven)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

Olive Garden as much as people always say it is the fast food of italian food, I don't care the food has never failed me, so so good. I came to this Olive Garden with an hook up of mine and we didn't wait long to be seated. We went to the bar and had a few drinks, I did my usual amaretto sour and she had a midori sour or a midori pour which was quite good I almost wish I had bought that. Now my dinner didn't sit with my stomach so great bc the previous night let's just say I partied like Motley Crew, I was a mess. I had the chicken carbonera which was perfectly prepared, bombalicious. Of course who doesn't love the breadsticks!! I honestly would do anything for them, they are soooooooo good. The set up was beautiful typical of any OG and I can't complain. Awesome!

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Connecticut
“Well prepared pasta and sauces, small portions”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

I was craving pasta for dinner last Saturday night, but my spouse didn't want to mess up the kitchen. Olive Garden was less than 2 miles away and seemed like an appropriate compromise.

I left feeling a bit disappointed. The food -- spaghetti with marinara sauce and fettuccini alfredo with broccoli and mushrooms -- was up to expectations on taste and preparation, but the portions were much smaller than we've become accustomed to on previous visits to this location. We also got whacked for almost $3 to add a few broccoli florets and a half-dozen small mushroom pieces to the fettuccini. We complained and the manager did bring out an additional portion for us.

Total for two pasta dinners, two coffees and a shared piece of cheesecake for dessert came to $43 before tip, a bit steep for what we would have received had we not complained about the portion size.

I'll probably come back here for pasta again, but only when they have the never ending pasta bowl special. The food is good, but the portions on the regular menu left me feeling hungry.

• Visited November 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Eww”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

West Hartford has a lot of great places to eat so why bother with a crowded, generic chain near the mall? It's loud, slow and while there isn't anything wrong with the food, there isn't anything great about it either.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Middletown, Connecticut
“Great Eating Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2010

Great Reastaurant.Very clean & neat.Food was excellent & the servive was really great.The people were extremely friendly & nice.The whole place had a welcoming feel to it.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere