“great sushi” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi
Southington
“great sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

excellent food, small space. enjoyed sushi and teriyaki meals with our groups everyone was pleased

Visited April 2012

Manchester,CT
“I eat here EVERY month.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

I happen to work in West Hartford Center and Murasaki is a 45sec walk from my store. I started eating lunch here every once in a while a few years ago and was always happy with the experience. I usually always have take out and bring it back to work. I have been making a habit of eating here for lunch once a month as sort of a "treat" to myself. Sometimes I have it alone and other times it is an office affair!
Every item I have ordered has always been the best quality. From Phili rolls, sushi, sashimi and apps, I love it all!! The people are always very nice and know my voice over the phone. There is no other place I would eat sushi in West Hartford!

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Most authentic and tasteful Japanese restaurant around”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

Good food, nice atmosphere, good hostess and they'll make traditional Japanese dishes that aren't on the menu upon request. Their prices are a little high but their food, service and atmosphere are much better than Ichiro. Much smaller and more intimate as well, so I don't recommend large parties or even highly confidential conversation, as your neighbors at the next table are just inches away! Cozy, as long as you're in the mood.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
West Hartford, Connecticut
“Great sushi, solid Japanese food, good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2011

Similar to other reviewers we found the sushi here to be fantastic. The fish was perfect and quite flavorful. We also tried several appetizers and entrees off the menu and each was great.

We went with our small children. There's no seperate menu but there were plenty of items off the menu that the kids enjoyed. The space is a bit tight in the restaurant but overall it is a cozy space.

• Visited January 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fairfield, Connecticut
“Great fresh sushi!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2011

Thank you trip advisor based on the positive reviews we tried Murasaki for sushi tonight. My husband is very picky and from NYC and Boston so he is very particular about his good choices. This place was amazing it is small but what a gem will definitely be returning! Great location right in the center of town.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere