“A Good Idea, Poorly Executed” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #81 of 157 Restaurants in West Hartford
Cuisines: Asian
Connecticut, USA
“A Good Idea, Poorly Executed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Heard about how popular this was and thought we needed to try it. Its a new spotless modern restaurant, casual but appealing. The 3 dishes we ordered were all regular size and the same price. For $5.65 we had Pesto Cavatappi, Pad Thai and Bangkok Curry , along with a Tomato Cucumber Side Salad for $1, and a drink for $2.35. The Pesto could have been good, but it tasted like they put the pesto on and then rinsed it off. After the meal an employee asked me what I thought of it, when I told him it there was not enough sauce, he said you should have asked for more. Why should I have to ask for more, and I did not know I could ask for more!
The Pad Thai was lousy, but my wife did like the Bangkok Curry, I tasted it and thought it was average. The side salad was excellent and a great deal for a buck. I took a few pictures of the food which looks like the ones on the website. They discourage tipping, in fact they followed a person to the door and tried to give him the money back. You eat off dishes not paper plates.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Food decent, staff horrible”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

I frequented the place 4 times while I was working. In that 4 visits, only once did they get my order correct. That was the first time I was there. After that, I decided the "3 strikes and you're out" rule applied. All of my orders were to go, and each time I requested plastic ware so I could eat it. Only twice was it included. 3 times they messed up the food order and put items that I requested NOT to have due to allergies in the dish. As much as the food is good, I won't subject myself to the potential of a hospital visit because the staff can't exclude 1 ingredient from a dish when expressly asked to.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Florida
“Great concept, great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We stopped by Noodles on our way to the Hartford airport, looking for something other than burgers or burritos. Noodles was spot-on what we were looking for. It's not Wagamama (London) or Republic (NYC). Instead, it's fast food noodles. Quick, healthy, and good. It must have only opened recently as it was absolutely packed. Even so, our food was ready in a reasonable amount of time and was served plenty hot.

Why hasn't anyone done this before? Better question: how come the chain hasn't expanded out further? Like NY or FL (you know, places I am)? Let me know when you do. I'll be the crazy person camping outside to be the first to get in!

Seriously, this chain would do very well in NYC and in many upper-middle class parts of Florida. There's nothing like it.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
West Hartford, Connecticut
“Fast, flavorful and inexpensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I've been to Noodles about 20 times now - I eat there quite often as it's close-by, very inexpensive, fairly healthy and very flavorful. They have noodle dishes, sandwiches and soups. Their Thai Curry soup (especially with added shrimp or tofu), tomato basil and chicken noodle soups are excellent. The only sandwich I've had is the spicy chicken caeser, and it's excellent as well. I've tried 3 or 4 noodle dishes, but always go back to the Bangkok curry - which uses rice noodles, vegetables and sauce - the large one having only 480 calories.

If there's one issue with Noodles, it's consistency. One time the soup bowl will be filled to the top - the next, it's barely half-filled. One time there's lots of sauce on the noodles; the next there's more vegetables than noodles (actually, I like it this way!).

But overall, I like Noodles a lot. I'll probably be there tomorrow!

Visited February 2013
Bristol, Connecticut
“Cool concept, good fresh food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Had the Pad Thai dish off the Asian menu (also Mediterranean and American options available) it was a good sized portion for the price and tasted really good. You order and they bring you the food when it is ready... I had the large bowl and it was around $10 with a soda and did not leave hungry!

• Visited December 2012