“Lunch with a breeze” 3 of 5 stars

Description: they claim also on facebook
Fort Worth, Texas
“Lunch with a breeze”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

When near the ocean I can only recommend finding a restaurant that offers a view of the water and a breeze, The Dock Restaurant is exactly that, open seating overlooking the dock and a nice summer breeze. I started my meal with a bowl of RI Clam Chowder, which for me is the only way to have Clam Chowder, no cream and no tomatoes. The Chowder was well seasoned and full of clams clearly a great dish. Clam fritters were average, a bit dense for my taste. Decided to have a Backed Fish Reuben, sounds strange but I had to try it and will never do that again. My son had a hot lobster roll which was good and my wife had a scallop role which she was pleased with. Will I go back, yes for Chowder!

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Hartford, Connecticut
“Long wait for cold steamers and chowder”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

My friend and I tried The Dock for the first time today. It had the potential to be a new favorite summer lunch/dinner place. We were really looking forward to the clam chowder and steamers. What a disappointment. Clam chowder was lukewarm. The steamers were cold as were the onion rings. We could not force the steamers down. When we left we stopped to talk to the staff about our bad experience. We even said this was our first visit and we were very disappointed. The only response we received was "ok".

Visited June 2014
Norwich, Connecticut
“If you want to experience the essence of New England- your first stop should be The Dock Restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I go to the Dock all the time in the summer and I live about an hour away. The clam chowder and Lobster Rolls are worth the drive. The friend scallops are no joke. The steamers are a plenty and there is a fish market that sells every seafood you can imagine to go. My mouth is watering just thinking about it! The view is absolutely breathtaking, especially at sunset. The staff is friendly, and the atmosphere is warm, inviting and a bit magical. The huge palm trees, steady flowing beverages and raw bar put me in my happy place.

The owners have really created something special when they took over a few years ago- I can't wait until it reopens for the season!!!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New London, Connecticut
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

We love the dock, found this place randomly because our usual go to place was packed. The dock, turned out to be better, more options, better pricing, value and food. Won us over!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Glastonbury, Connecticut
“Don't go: much better option right next door!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

So you want to end a great beach day down by the Niantic River watching the boats glide by and seeing the sun set across the river over Niantic, and have some simple summer food and beverage. This clam shack has a great view, but the lack of service and the fried food don't make it a pleasant experience. Spend your dollars instead next door at Sunset Ribs. Same beautiful view, but a livelier crowd (have live bands at many times during the week and weekends) and much better/healthier food, a wider selection of beverage, and real men's and women's rooms, not port-o-potties like at The Dock. 'Nuff said.

• Visited August 2013