“If you like corned beef hash, try it here...it's really good. Other than that...its a typical decent breakfast nook with a catch” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Top O' The Mornin'

Top O' The Mornin'
Improve this listing
Ranked #111 of 290 restaurants in Waterbury
Cuisines: American, Coffee Shop, Diner, Irish
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Description: TOP O' THE MORNIN' IS A BREAKFAST AND LUNCH RESTAURANT DEDICATED TO SERVING THE HIGHEST QUALITY FOOD AT REASONABLE PRICES. WE ARE PROUD OF OUR FRIENDLY STAFF AND THEIR PROMPT SERVICE. ALTHOUGH WE ARE NOT A FAST FOOD RESTAURANT, YOU WILL SURELY BE PLEASED WITH THE SHORT LENGTH OF TIME IT TAKES TO DELIVER YOUR MEAL. EACH DISH IS PREPARED FRESH TO ORDER BY PEOPLE WHO ARE PROUD OF THE FOOD THEY COOK AND CARE ABOUT THE QUALITY OF YOUR MEAL AS MUCH AS YOU DO.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

The corned beef hash here is excellent. The home fries are boring...the breakfast specials are ok...all the standard egg and pancake dishes meet the expectations. I don't need much atmosphere when I go out for breakfast, this place seems to know that well. The waitresses bump into each other continuously behind the counter because there is little place to move. Once in a while this will generate an attitude problem. Other than a few hellos they don't normally seem happy. I use to ask them to put onions in my home fries (just to give it some sort of flavor)...that is until I heard the boss say from the kitchen, "Special orders do upset us." I do like the little carrot cake muffin that they serve with all the breakfasts... it's a nice sweet finish.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

% Recommend
Connecticut
“Awful breakfast experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Maybe it was a bad day .. I am not sure but this was the worst breakfast I have ever had. I ordered a bacon and cheese omelet. The omelet had almost zero cheese and it was so burnt it was inedible.

The service was not good either. I had to ask 3 times for a glass of water and it finally came when we were ready to go. Its a small place and a steady stream of people but it wasn't so crazy that the waitress couldn't manage. I was very disappointed as my family talked this place up. I wanted to like it but honestly, after this experience, I'd never go back again.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Naugatuck, Connecticut
“GREAT Breakfast Place (and Lunch)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I LOVE Top O' the Mornin'!! The staff is friendly and attentive, and the food is AWESOME! I love their reuben sandwich with crinkle fries, but I have honestly never had a bad meal. They have a sausage gravy and biscuit special every now and then that is to die for!

Visited August 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut
“Good Morning!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

There's not a whole lot of choices for breakfast in the Waterbury area, but this place is a treat, and worth a little travel. The decor is too cute, I love the wooden floors, worn in and beautiful. It's a typical diner, with a typical diner menu selection, but the quality is quite yummy. Pancakes were just what I was craving, and the home fries, well, I had to keep stealing them from my Honey's plate because I wouldn't normally order home fries and pancakes...but I couldn't resist. He got bacon and eggs as well, and was quite pleased.
I am looking forward to returning soon!

• Visited August 2011