“Excellent food with pleasant staff” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 288 Restaurants in Waterbury
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Narberth, Pennsylvania
“Excellent food with pleasant staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were on the road to Amherst when we pulled off I-84 at Exit 25 and visited Nino's with absolutely no expectations. We were very pleasantly surprised. First, we were greeted pleasantly as though we were invited guests. Our order was taken promptly and efficiently. The pasta (gemelli) had homemade texture and flavor. I could not finish the eggplant parmigiana I ordered, even though it was very tasty. My wife's veal piccata was real and fork-tender. My son's pizza was excellent as well. My salad came with a tasty parmesan pepper dressing, which is not usually available bottled. As good as the food was--and it was very good--the best part was the wonderful and friendly service. The restaurant appeared to us to be family-friendly, and we noticed that there seemed to be a number of local regulars who were in the restaurant and who were greeted in a friendly, familiar manner. That is usually a good sign and it certainly was an accurate tipoff this time.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Connecticut
“Best pizza in the area!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Ever since we've had pizza here, this is the only place for us. We've tried other places in the area for years and no one comes up to this standard. We always have great food and great service here, too.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ansonia, CT
“Always consistent and reliable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

I have been here several times over the years and the meals have been very consistent and good. We both shared the eggplant rollatini appetizer that could have been a meal for one. It was good. I had the beef braciole that was also delicious and my dining companion had the gnocchi with Gorgonzola sauce. It was very good and that's what I'm getting the next time! I noticed they are doing an outside remodel on the building. They also had some beautiful in store made whole wheat pasta in the front display case. The thick paparadelle pasta that came with my dish was very hearty.

Visited August 2013
Waterbury, Connecticut, United States
“Great Staff & Great Service !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

My husband and I came to Nino's around 9:15pm. Even though it was late, the restaurant closes at 10pm. Our waiter Orlando greeted us in a professional manner. He was very polite and eager to serve and please us. We each had salads which were very fresh and tasty. Orlando did an outstanding job waiting on us. Two thumbs up to Orlando. Since most people don't compliment these days, my wife wanted to tell the manager Jodie how pleased we were with the service. We had a nice chat with her. She was a pleasure to talk to. We highly recommend this restaurant.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Orford, New Hampshire
“A lot of food at a decent price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Was in the area for the Rev3 Quassy triathlon weekend and a friend found this restaurant for a group dinner. It was easy to find and we were seated immediately. A few in our party had very specific food allergies and those were handled very well by our friendly waitress. I ordered pasta with red sauce and asked for a grilled chicken breast to be added. The food came just as I had ordered it and it was a huge portion. The food wasn't the best Italian I've ever eaten but it was good and filling and we all had a great time.

• Visited June 2013