“Delish, homemade, fast lunch off I-84. New Fave.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #73 of 288 Restaurants in Waterbury
Cuisines: Delicatessen
West Orange, New Jersey
“Delish, homemade, fast lunch off I-84. New Fave.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

We are traveling from NJ to N. Conway NH today - about 7 hrs drive. Found this place in Waterbury as we were feeling ready to eat and have a restroom break.

My husband kept commenting on how delicious his roast beef and Bleu sandwich was. He gobbled it down and ordered another sandwich for the road. Ham & brie for the road, because thry roast their own ham! I ordred a "Gato" wrap on yummy sundried tomato wrap. Perfectly crisp bacon on turkey with lettuce, ripe tomato and guacamole. Loved every bite! ( I asked them to hold the swiss)

There are a handful of little tables for eating in, as well as porch seating (heat wave, so indoors for us today). The bathroom wss nicely stocked and very clean, which always makes me feel better about the cleanliness of those handling my food.

We will be sure to stop here again!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Middlebury, Connecticut, United States
“Good food great daily specials.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Love the take out here. They have many fresh daily specials to choose from. Their prices are reasonable and each meal is made to order.

Visited March 2013
Waterbury, Connecticut
“Nice little deli.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Lena's is a very good deli with quality sandwiches. My only complaint is that they are not open enough! This is pretty much the only place within walking distance of Naugatuck Valley Community College to get a decent bite to eat.

Visited February 2013
Olyphant, PA
“Great food, friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

My 3 sisters and I visited Lena's last week, 9/29/12, while staying at the nearby Hampton Inn. Being from out of town we didn't want to stray too far from the hotel as we certainly weren't familiar with the area. Lena's was the perfect choice, practically across the street. We decided to order our sandwiches to go which was probably a good idea as there isn't a lot of space for dining at Lena's. That's okay, the food was so good it made up for having to carry it back to the hotel. Sandwiches were freshly made on some of the best breads I have ever tasted. Service was quick and friendly, with the staff going out of their way to help us make choices we would enjoy. My only regret was they were closed the following day as I enjoyed my sandwich so much I would have liked one for the ride home.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boston
“Really friendly staff, nice homemade sandwiches right off the highway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

If you want a classic deli sandwich served by people who are friendly and who care, this is the place for you. It's simple and unadorned and really satisfying. There are a lot of sandwiches to choose from and a long list of paninis. They also have some home made cookies and other baked goods for dessert. The bathroom is clean and, on a nice day, you can sit on a small deck outside to eat your sandwich. Reasonably priced and more than adequate for a highway lunch stop.

• Visited May 2012