“Always good, sometimes great.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #27 of 288 Restaurants in Waterbury
Cuisines: American
Melbourne, Florida
“Always good, sometimes great.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

Great view, good food, and good times. Good for romantic dinner or casual dini g

Visited July 2011

Middlebury, CT
“Beautiful Sunsets, Excellent Food, Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

I have been to this restaurant for banquets and several dinners. Wevhave never been disappointed and sometimes the Chef's Special is so amazing you hope it becomes a standard. The wine list is extensive, their bartenders pay attention to special requests and if you are lucky enough to be at a window seat at sunset, you are in for an amazing sight. The adjacent golf course is prety good I have been told.

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Waterbury, Connecticut
“Favorite Restaurant in the Area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2010

The Hills Restaurant is my favorite restaurant in the Waterbury area. I've always had great service and a wondeful meal. The portions are large, especially pasta dishes. My favorite appetizer is the Piccante Style Calamari, and my favorite entree is the Sea Scallops Nola. I'm not a big dessert eater, but I do like to split the Napoleon with my friends when we're in the mood for something sweet. TIP: Sit in the dining room if you want it more quite, sit in the bar if you like a little more action. And the patio is very nice, right on the golf couse.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
North Haven, CT
“The Hills at Western Golf Club”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2009

We went for lunch after a play and we ate in the bar as the diningroom was not in use (off time). We had grilled swordfish with spinach, capers and artichoke, roasted potato on the side and it was fantastic. Also, very large portions so, if you do not eat large and you do not want left-overs, you might want to split an entree. Small salad with good dressing, delicious warm bread served with oil and butter.
The service was good, drinks generous and our only complaint was the canolli. It was said to have chocolate chips in it and they were not present. A small taste of the filling lead to greater disappointment and they were rejected without problem.
I would go back and I would recommend this to a friend