“Excellent, quality Italian food for a very reasonable price” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 288 Restaurants in Waterbury
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Miami Beach, Florida
“Excellent, quality Italian food for a very reasonable price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2010

I had the pleasure of visiting Avventura for this first time this past summer when they invited me to participate in a cooking event as a guest chef. While there, I was able to sample many of their cold and hot case items, pastries, cookies, and gelato. I had one of the best sandwiches I have ever had on deliciously fresh baked, crispy ciabatta bread. Working in the restaurant industry, I found Avventura to have many fresh, quality products that a high-end restaurant would use for very reasonable prices. The staff there was very welcoming and helpful and I look forward to making another trip back soon to get my fill of all the delicious food and specialty items Avventura has to offer.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Thomaston, Connecticut
“Deli, Italian Imports...need I say more?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2009

Deli, Italian Imports...need I say more?

waterbury
“Home Away From Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2008

I go to Avventura every week nearly without fail. I notice a huge number of regulars, Exellent service, Friendly Staff, and Adventurous dining! I've watched as recently a subway has opened up down the street... and this subway hasn't taken even one customer! If you've been there im sure you go often, and if you haven't been then then im sure you will. Bottom line avventura a must one any ones to- do list!!

Southern Maryland
“Worth a 7 hour drive!! The best grinder I ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2007

I grew up in Waterbury (many years ago) and thought I knew where all the best places were.
After going home for a visit my little brother brought me to Avventura's. I did not go willingly at first because I thought I knew a better place. Now I never go home without stopping at least once for an Avventuras grinder. They've got the freshest meats & cheeses and the best breads. The smell of that deli is like no other!
I now live 7 hours away, but I always bring at least 1 or 2 grinders back with me!