CoCo Key Water Resort Hotel & Convention Center - Waterbury
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 21 things to do in Waterbury
More attraction details
Owner description: 280 Room Water Resort, Hotel, and Convention Center conveniently located off I-84 in Waterbury, CT. In addition to the hotel, we have Connecticut's only indoor water park with 55,000 square feet of fun. For the business minded, we have over 40,000 square feet of flexible meeting and banquet space and can host functions up to 650 people.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Stairs / elevator
Milford, ct
87 attraction reviews
“Very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

This place was clean and well kept. I recommend going later in the day because prices are lower but it leaves you plenty of time. The plcae is not that big but still a lot of fun. It is nice because you can keep an eye on your kids easily.

Visited December 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Westfield, Massachusetts, United States
“Staff was very accomidating to my son, who has autism.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

my first visit to coco key, ct. was last spring. my aunt suggested we bring my son there for the weekend. my son is 9 years old and has moderately severe autism. when we entered the water park, my son was a bit overwhelmed at first. but he couldnt resist the playscape and soon he was having a blast! i felt very secure with the amount of lifeguards and they were all very understanding of my sons disability. the hotel room was adequate too. overall it was a very good experience!! i just took my son back to coco key for the weekend this past august. there were a few issues with the hotel room. the phone didnt work and the biggest issue was that a pull out couch had been folded up unmade with something spilled on the mattress, and the maid service apparently never checked the couch when making up the room.) however, the staff responded quickly, bringing a brand new mattress for the couch and escorting us and our luggage to a new room. when we went to the water park Chris, the lifeguard (who looks like Pauly D from Jersey Shore), recognized my son from our last visit, and he went around to the other lifeguards and let them know that my son had autism and was non verbal. i really appreciated that! its rare to bring an autistic child to a busy public place where all the staff are so understanding and accomidating. i will visit again!

Visited August 2012
Naugatuck, Connecticut
“Dirty Filthy and too much $$$$$$$”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Had a kid's B-Day party there the place was filthy,the pool water looked green and no staff anywhere around just an overall bad experience

Visited September 2012
New York City, New York
“This place is aweful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

This is the worst hotel/water park I have ever been to. The general feel and appearance of this place is old and dirty. The staff and management are not much better- and dont really value their clients. Your better off just burning your money....

Visited September 2012
“***Staff Member told me they only clean the pools three times a year!!!! Do NOT bring your kids!!!! Dangerous and Health Hazard!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Came in Monday, September 3rd 2012, I'm actually here as I write this!!!
I wish I would've checked the reviews first. The jaccuzzi has mold and fungus around 25 percent of it and that was the nicer water. Water is saltier than sea water, prob. From kids peeing there. Was friendly with a staff member andshe told me pools get water changed three times a year. Can you imagine?? With the thousands of people that go there on a daily basis??

I'm a grown adult and was floating in the pool when my float tilted over. I banged my head and scraped my arm, it really hurt bad. The life guard was in front of me!!! and didn't even bother to come or offer to help. She didn't even offer a band aid and my arm was scraped badly!!! She just stood there looking as my boyfriend was helping me.

I went to the First Aid area and asked for a bandaid and antiseptic the guy gave me a paper towel and alcohol in a lil spray bottle!! Alcohol??? Seriously!! This kid looked like he didn't even know what he was there for!! My boyfriend went back to him and it was then that he gave him a bandaid.
This was me an adult. Imagine a child.
What if your child got hurt, or got some infectious disease from being here. I would never bring a kid here!!

As far as bathrooms they looked like they hadn't been cleaned. Floor was wet, dirty, toilets were with sanitary pads, unflushed and unclean, bathroom smelled very badly.

The pizza hut Aw food place, I paid 9.50 for 5 breadsticks and a soda. But also there were four people there and they had only one in the front poorgirl was both taking orders and serving them when three other people were just hanging. And the line was huge!!!

BTW THERE ARE ROACHES IN THE TABLE AREA WHERE PEOPLE SIT AND EAT. I JUST KILLED ONE.

About the staff. These kids are young they look like they are 18. You would think they would be happy to have a job and have a lil responsibility. The least these lifeguards have to do is ensure safety. They look like they hate their job. Maybe this is a requirement to work here. I don't know.

ATTN MANAGEMENT if you don't take care of what you need to take care of, you will lose a lot of customers (you already are). And you might end up being closed. I will be contacting some of my friends from Consumer Affairs and the Health department.

Travelers who viewed CoCo Key Water Resort Hotel & Convention Center - Waterbury also viewed

Been to CoCo Key Water Resort Hotel & Convention Center - Waterbury? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage CoCo Key Water Resort Hotel & Convention Center - Waterbury, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.