“I would recommend The Coffee Pot Cafe.” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Beaufort
Cuisines: Coffee Shop
“I would recommend The Coffee Pot Cafe.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Friendly staff upon arrival.Delicious food and at a good price. Food served fast and there was a nice atmosphere.Lovely bright clean design. I would strongly recommend The Coffee Pot.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Pecs, Hungary
“Disappointing!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

I was going to say this and that but in the end all I would like to say is: just put a bit of passion into it. I'm Irish and I was embarrassed at the dishes and prices we got here for my American friends. I have no problem paying for something good, but this was a hark back to the olden days, where establishments figured the tourist wouldn't be back so let's get what we can! To the management of Coffee Pot, wake up, tourists do return in the form of trip advisor!

Ok, so maybe I did say this and that after all!

Best avoid coffee pot.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Riverton, Wyoming
“Enjoyed the Homemade Soup”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

It was a typical cold and rainy Irish day when we (extended family of adults) visited the Gap of Dunloe. While we didn't go hiking or take a cart ride through the Gap (next trip, we promise!), we decided to stop at The Coffee Pot. It was rustic, but clean. Lots of folks escaping the cold drizzle outside. Wait staff was friendly and helpful. Coffee drinks were prepared well and nice and hot. We had some homemade soup and sandwiches that were right tasty! Also not pricy even though there isn't much to choose from there at the Gap.

I recommend a stop and a try for The Coffee Pot Cafe.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kenmare, Ireland
“Not Kate's - The cafe next door..”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I would like to point out from the offset that I am not reviewing Kate Kearney's itself - but its sister building: The Coffee Pot Cafe. Oh Boy.

On this particular day I was out walking The Gap Of Dunloe nearby with my mother. After finishing our walk, we decided to stop at Kate Kearney's for a coffee and a snack. The place was packed with people, and the menu looked a tad pricey so we said we'd go across the road to the Coffee Pot Cafe. The building looked lovely, freshly painted and welcoming, and the menu read well; sandwiches, pastas, paninis and the likes were listed.

We went inside to order and were met by a grumpy lady behind the counter. While she was serving the people before me I noticed she was wearing gloves (the type one would use when preparing food). She was making a couple of cappuccinos with the gloves on and then proceeded to take cash from the people, and handed them back some coins still with the gloves on. I presumed she was only wearing them for presentation purposes, that she was not actually preparing food.

I ordered the 'Creamy Tagliatelle in a Bacon and Cheese sauce" to which I was bluntly told ''Its gone." Taken aback, I asked did they still have the 'Toasted Bacon & Brie Cheese Ciabatta with red onion relish' available, they did so I ordered it with a cappuccino for my mother and water for myself. The lady turned on her heel, into the open-windowed kitchen and proceeded to make my 'ciabatta' WITH THE SAME GLOVES ON.

Slightly embarrassed and unsure of what I had seen happen, I went outside to a bench and waited for my meal.

5 minutes later, she slapped the tray with our food onto our bench, and left us to 'enjoy' - her words, not mine. My 'ciabatta' was in fact half a brown bread roll, toasted. There was a splash of relish on it. A single rasher lay atop the relish. And the brie cheese? I got the hard, oily heel of the brie cheese - inedible. My side salad was iceberg lettuce smothered in honey-mustard dressing with a few rings of onion, cucumber, coleslaw and tomato. The lettuce was filthy - full of grit and some of it was actually withered. My mothers cappuccino consisted of milk and milk only. It was hot, I'll admit, but that was its only resemblance to a coffee. She fed it to the foliage in a pot beside us.

I couldn't bring myself to eat my meal, I ate some cucumber and tomato, the rest I left. I brought it back in to the cafe and presented the bread roll, rock hard Brie cheese and gritty lettuce and she shrugged her shoulders, took it from me, said 'thanks for bringing it to our attention' and didn't charge me, not that I would have paid anyway! It was E6.50 on the menu.

I left bewildered and hungry, and hoped that no tourists had experienced what we did. We went to Kate Kearneys instead and it was sublime!

AVOID the Coffee Pot.