“Beautiful, relaxing retreat!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Sachem Farmhouse Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Warren
The Sachem Farmhouse Bed & Breakfast
You added The Sachem Farmhouse Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
15 Hopkins Rd, Warren, CT 06777   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Warren B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Beautiful, relaxing retreat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

My boyfriend and I drove up to the Sachem Farm for a Saturday-night stay in May. It was a quick drive from NYC, but it felt worlds away. The B&B is a gorgeous old farmhouse with a vineyard on one side and a lake on the other. The interior of the inn is gorgeous and simply, elegantly decorated. The other B&Bs we've been to are generally tacky and overly decorated, but not Sachem. The bedrooms have been preserved in their original style and charm, and the bathrooms have been renovated with new appliances. Our night's stay was so peaceful, and in the morning we were welcomed with a delicious breakfast of yogurt and granola, omelettes, sausage, and coffee. Of all the inns I've been to, Sachem is by far the most restful, welcoming and beautiful. It's the perfect retreat from the bustle of NYC. I'd return anytime!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

My girlfriend and I drove up to Connecticut for the Litchfield Jazz Festival with another couple. None of us are big jazz fans; we just wanted a change from our standard-fare Hamptons weekends. I was also badly in need of relief from job stress and the never-ending stream of tourists that plague my Ground Zero home and office.

Sachem Farmhouse and the surrounding town was an amazing little retreat. It allowed me to shed the knots in my neck and shoulders without the need for a massage. I was not driving so I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived in Warren in a short two hours.

Sachem Farmhouse is a bed and breakfast that is more like an Inn. This is a good thing: While there are only three or four guest rooms, I didn't feel like I was living in someone's home. The King family (proprietors) live in the house next door but were available whenever we needed them. Speaking of the King family, Jen and Jason were superb hosts. Both were very friendly and accomodating but weren't intrusive. They have two cute kids, one of whom introduced us to the family's chickens and sheep. The chickens were tame and goofy and our romp with them was a fun little bonus.

The guest rooms are quaint, charming and tidy with soothing toile wallcoverings, four-poster beds and goose-down pillows. The dining room is picture-perfect. It has two indoor and two outdoor tables overlooking Lake Waramaug and a coffee and snack station which was perpetually well-stocked.

The King family's relatives own the nearby Hopkins Winery and Tasting Room. If you stay at Sachem, your tastings are free. My party is somewhat snobby when it comes to wines but we were impressed by our server's knowledge and the quality and value of Hopkins' wines.

Sachem doesn't have a pool but it has a small, private lakeside beach. Jen and Jason provided us with beach chairs and towels. The lake's water was warm and I enjoyed a relaxing dip. I don't recommend the beach for anyone afraid of nature. The beach has it's share of bugs and animal droppings and the lakebottom is rocky in some spots and muddy in others but these are things beyond human control.

I'd be remiss not to mention that the local restaurants were excellent. We ate at Community Table and Oliva. Both were cozy and charming and offered fresh local fare at reasonable prices.

My only criticism of Sachem was that the rooms were small and the beds were a little soft for my taste. We also didn't have control over the temperature in our individual rooms so we had a minor battle with our neighbors who liked it much warmer than we could bear.

Overall, Sachem Farmhouse was a delight and I hope to return again the next time I need an escape.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Washington, D.C.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2009

The Sachem Farmhouse is a traditional, charming two-story home on a rise of Hopkins Road facing south over Lake Waramaug. It's been turned entirely into a B&B (the owners live off-premises), offering several comfortable rooms that are a bit less plush than the web site implies but are still very pleasant. The bathrooms are excellent, there's a small 24/7 bar room and a living room with a picture window view of the lake, which are basically the common areas. Breakfast (very tasty) is served on small tables set up in front of the picture window. Inn rooms are in great demand on weekends in Litchfield County, which explains this inn's rates; I paid $300 a night for a not exceptionally spacious room which, in a less upscale rural area, would probably be closer to $200 a night.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
New Haven
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2009

I stayed at the Sachem Inn with my boyfriend for a little get-away a few weeks ago. The room was beautiful and the whole place was just completely peaceful and relaxing. We spent time at the beach, read on the sun porch, and explored the really cute nearby towns. Breakfast was really good (strawberry butter on waffles!) and the family that runs the B&B was very sweet and friendly. I will definitely be going back there next time I need to de-stress

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Westchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2009

This close to NYC, you feel like you have stepped back to a simpler, more quiet time. My wife and I frequently stay in B&B's and this was one of our favorites. In fact, we have never taken the time to review anything on Trip Advisor before. Not only did we take the time to write this review, but we actually had to request that TA set the Inn up in their system before we could go ahead.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to The Sachem Farmhouse Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!