“Excellent Service and Food” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #40 of 150 Restaurants in Wallingford
Cuisines: Seafood
Auburn, New York
“Excellent Service and Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

I sat in the bar area as I was dining solo on a business trip. The service by the bar staff was excellent, I tried one of their ales and it was delicious. For an appetizer I tried the Lobster Bisque and it had great flavor but it didn't have many chunks of lobster in it. For dinner I had the stuff sole in lobster sauce with rice and vegetables. The service getting my meal was very quick. The stuffing and the sole were both very excellent. I wasn't a fan of the lobster sauce, it was very "fishy" for me. I would definitely get the dish again but just ask for no lobster sauce. My check for one beer, bisque and the dinner was $30 and that included tip.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

East Haven
“Wonderful Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

My husband and had enjoyed a great dinner, including the lobster and corn fritters for our app. The kitchen staff had put the wrong dipping sauce in the ramekin, but our server noticed immediately and returned quickly with the correct roasted red pepper aoli which was sweet and delightful. The fritters were perfectly fried, nice and crispy. My husband had the classic cheeseburger which was cooked to his order, and also the New England clam chowder, both were hits for him. I had the clam strips, fresh and lightly crispy with onion rings and cole slaw. I especially like that the origin of most of the seafood is listed on the menu, i.e. whole belly clams and sea scallops from New Bedford, MA.

Service can be spotty. Our first visit was not as good as our recent one, due to the hostess not even acknowledging us for five minutes, and we were the only party waiting for a table.

Try for a booth on the perimeter of the dining room for a great view of the Trout Brook that runs alongside the restaurant.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wallingford, Connecticut
“Nice atmosphere but horrible food and service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

The food was terrible. Every aspect of it. Usually only one or two items at a restaurant is sub-par but the entire dinner from the mixed drink to the dessert was HORRIBLE. If I were to describe each item and the problem with it my review would be a novel. I had scallops wrapped in bacon for my entree-not on the regular menu but one of their "specials" for the evening. The scallops were tough like they had been freezer burned then thawed then over-cooked and the bacon was charred. The sauce was oily and tasted horrible as well. The scallops were served over rice which was hard. I will NEVER, EVER, EVER , EVER, EVER go here again, not even with a gift certificate!

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Bristol, Connecticut
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Last night was my family and I first time dinning at Westbrook Lobster, and we will def be back! I was a little nervous after reading some not so good reviews, but glad we decided to try it for our self! Our server (Jessica) was very friendly and helpful. Our food and drinks were very good! I got the lobster roll and it was made like most places make it on a bun with a side of butter. I'm not really sure what the other reviewer was expecting a lobster roll to be like! We split an order of lobster lollipops, which was amazing! I would say the only thing missing from this place is crab, but other then that we love this place and we will be back very soon!

Cheshire, Connecticut
“Good variety”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

You don't have to be a seafood eater to enjoy this place. It has a rustic atmosphere, friendly service, and consistently good food. Their specials are worth trying and they change pretty frequently. The frequent dining card keeps us going back for more.

Visited December 2013