“The fish is great” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pizza
�G|ϗϨ�
“The fish is great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

As usual all the seafood dishes were excellent , but they should grain the pasta first a little better as it was a little watery. Service was ok but sometimes a little slow. Best not to go on tues and wed when Gaetano the owner is not there as the food is not as good. They also make good food for a large party and it is good value. I personally try to stick to his seafood as that is exceptional

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

MA
“Even the waitress agreed the food wasn't always very good"”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2010

I have family in town and used to eat here fairly regularly. It was always reliable, never great, but with good bread. We visited town a few days ago and went for dinner. The waitress began by offering the opinion that she disagreed with the owner about whether prices should be listed on the specials menu, and offered to tell us the prices. This was well-intentioned but unnecessary as I have no trouble asking for a price when it is unlisted. The salad came with about 5 times as much dressing as you might want (basically a 3:1 lettuce:dressing ratio). I poured the extra onto my bread plate. It was tasty enough but ask for it on the side. I ordered a very simple vegetarian pasta with broccoli. The broccoli appeared to be yellowed with age, and was cooked to mush, and the bottom of the bowl was deep in flavorless oil so the pasta was dripping with it. I can easily make this better at home and I am only a fair cook. The waitress asked if I liked it; I said not particularly and explained why. She offered that she too did not like it and that if she were owner or cook she would make some changes to the menu. She also shared personal stories about times when she had been disappointed at other restaurants. She said she would speak to the cook. No one, however, offered anything else or to reduce the bill--I didn't really expect it, as I had eaten about a third, but it would have been a nice gesture. I'd rather have a problem fixed than to have commiseration! I am not sure if we were just there on a bad night--the waitress said it was the same cook and owner as in years past. Maybe I ordered the wrong thing. My husband said his stuffed bread was not nearly as good as he remembered, though--it was flavorless.