“Delicious Tuna tacos at Azteca” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #41 of 153 Restaurants in Wallingford
Cuisines: Mexican
Hartford, Connecticut, United States
“Delicious Tuna tacos at Azteca”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Recently I enjoyed a Mexican dinner with my girlfriends at Azteca. It was my first time dinning at this restaurant and wasn't sure what to expect. I loved the stone decor and the lighting created a calming and relaxing atmosphere in the restaurant.

I love going to Mexican restaurants where guacamole is made fresh at the table and you will find that service here. They can make it spicy or mild. My crew opted for the spicy guacamole and it was gone before our entrees arrived.

There menu has a nice variety. I ordered their hard shell tuna tacos. Loved them! The tuna was lightly seared on both sides and raw in the center. It was filled with rice, topped with pico de gallo, lettuce, a light Mexican cheese and chipolte sauce. On the side was a delicious mango salsa. My girlfriends ordered their Enchiladas Rancheros and the Steak Azteca.

My girlfriend asked for her steak well done and was brought to the table rare. We let our waitress know and the kitchen addressed the issue, unfortunately, two of us were done by the time her steak was ready the second time around.

I enjoyed my dinning experience and would definitely go back and although I love their tuna tacos I'll have to try something different.

• Visited May 2013

Wallingford, Connecticut
“Very Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have been here only once. (It has only been open a couple of months in Wallingford). We had a very good experience ... that's why I rated each topic and "very good". We will go back.

• Visited April 2013
Durham, Connecticut
“You can do better elsewhere”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

This place is highly overrated. The food is mediocre and the bartender has not a clue. Ordered an extra dry martini and the taste of vermouth was overwhelming. I sent it back and it came to my table exactly the same way. They wore me down and I gave up. The food is bland and is certainly nothing to write home about. This place was so much better when it was Applebees. We won't be back.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Great food and atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I like this restaurant ... Disappointed they don't take reservations. The wait is crazy on a weekend.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Good food with great customer service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

My wife and I went here and we were pleasantly surprised to find pretty decent food with great customer service. Our waiter was great and the food came out really quick. The place was very clean and was decorated very nicely. The beer came out with a very chilled glass and the California fish tacos were excellent. We were very happy with the overall experience. Family owned and operated.

• Visited March 2013