“Clean Hotel with Excellent Staff & Service (No Sign of Bed Bugs)” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Wallingford
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Clean Hotel with Excellent Staff & Service (No Sign of Bed Bugs)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2011

This is the review I gave on the Fairfield Survey

Excellent service in the breakfast area. The woman who managed the area was unbelievably helpful and attentive to not only my family, but everyone in the room. She kept the room exceptionally clean and well stocked with food. This is by far the best breakfast room I have ever experienced in this hotel class. This hotel is a gem. I would definitely recommned it to others. The price felt just short of spot on. I would like to see it come down $5 or $10. Flat screen TVs in the room would be a nice addition, but, obviously, for this price range, it is not a deal breaker if it is not financially possible to make that upgrade. I would advise taking the art off of the wall hanging over the beds to make it a little more kid friendly.

A note of commendation should also go out to the staff who made sure the room was prepared for our arrival. The pack and play that we resereved was set up and ready to go and the room was heated to a comfortable temperature which was a blessing coming in from the cold off of a long commute to the hotel for our arrival. You should without question point to this property as an example of best practices for the chain across the board.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
MD
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

came home after a weekend with my two children and sister and ended up finding out that the blood stained sheets that I noticed were responsible for our coming down with bed bug bites. There was some type of blood stained smear on the sink too. Never again...any two star or similar hotels

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Monument, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

I used Marriott points for a night stay. I had a meeting in New Haven earlier in the day and needed to fly out of Hartford the next morning. The location was perfect for this. The hotel went out of their way to have breakfast ready for us earlier than the normal time. The room was very comfortable with free-wifi. I don't know why people are complaining about this hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Long Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2010

My wife & I stayed here on a Friday night, next time we spend the additional $$ and stay at the Courtyard.

Less than friendly front desk person started our stay. Room smelled antesceptic, mattress was soft, and the shower had little water pressure. The refrigerator in the room was left unplugged & my wife has medication that must be refrigerated, yet air conditioner was set at 64.

Breakfast area was small, tight and not prepped. The attendent was more interested in talking to patrons & her break than making sure everything was filled.

Will not stay here again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2010

Decided to stay here because of a trip to CT for a wedding. Not many choices in the area. Room smelled very moldy, internet hardly worked at all during my stay. Breakfast was fine for a continental but nothing to write home about.
I am happy to say I was hardly ever in the room otherwise I would have wanted to stay somewhere else.
The convienence was all I can say was great

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
gofar4me
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2010

Our purpose for this trip was sudden, relating to a family illness. I had to work along the way. While the hotel did not have a fantastic AAA rating, we decided to risk it, and made our reservation by phone while speeding along Rt 95 at 10ish PM. The night auditor, Jackie, was helpful and friendly. She handled the facts that we didn't know exactly where we were, or when we would arrive with good cheer. The room was attractive, comfortable and well equiped.

We were surprised and pleased that there would be a continental breakfast the following morning whihc started about when we wanted to leave. It turned out to be very lovely with Stephanie makeing fresh waffles, and telling the guests where various items were. The Breakfast included heat and serve quiche, sausage and egg sandwiches etc. There was an limited assortment of bagles, a few sweets, yoghurt, fruit, coffee, cereal, etc. While not a gormet meal, but did I mention free.

Supposedly, there is free wireless throughout the facility, although I used it in the breakfast room. It worked well and was effortless to connect. The only downside is that I spent too much time eating and we left later than we hoped. :-)

The cost was also incredibly reasonable.

While I don't recommend this hotel as a destination in itself,

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2010

It was a nice place for a good price using the AAA discount. Nothing fancy, but it was clean and the staff was helpful and friendly. Breakfast was included.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Fairfield Inn New Haven Wallingford? Share your experiences!