“This is not Theo's anymore it's called Beni's” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Seafood
Staffordville, Connecticut
“This is not Theo's anymore it's called Beni's”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Trip Advisor needs to fix the name. We were there yesterday for dinner at 5 p.m. Our waitress was completely overwhelmed, although lovely, there was not enough wait staff. As a result she did not supervise the person who served our food. My elderly mother never got hers, we waited quite a while as others at the table's food cooled until finally getting someone to go find out where her stuffed sole was. It was sitting all that time under a heat lamp. When our waitress finally walked by to another of her tables, not even glancing at us, I called to her and told her that the sauce served with my coconut shrimp was extremely spicy hot, she agreed, I said why don't they warn you in the description on the menu, no response. I asked for something else to dip it with, a sweet & sour perhaps? I had other food, but 15 minutes later the shrimp was cold & she had never returned to offer any other option. I sent it back when she finally showed up to bill us. The food was ok, but they need to get their acts together. I probably won't go back, the prices were very high. [Stuffed sole w/2 average sides, $21!]

Visited July 2012

state college
“not recommended”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

Owner of Theo's was a very rude lady we argued with. I do not know about the new owner after the name change to Beni's, ok food, somewhat heavy smell in the atmosphere

• Visited November 2010
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Hartford, Connecticut
“new owner with bad attitude”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2010

My husband and I have been long time patrons telling everyone we meet how great the food is. The original owner recently sold the restaurant to someone who is used to running a pizza shop. The menu remains the same and the food continues to be reasonably good however, the new owner doesn't deliver friendly service. His attitude was so bad that we will never go back to the restaurant. He didn't seem to care that he lost regular patrons. Please know it isn't the place it used to be. Very sad.....

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Tolland Ct
“Best New York Strip in Connecticut's "Quiet Corner"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2009

My title says it all. Theo's has by far the best NY Strip - tender, mouth watering flavor. Served in a hometown environment with grace and care. These folks are the best.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor Member
“Home away from home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2005

Theo's bar boasts a full menu of amply portioned up-scale meals in the $ - $$ range.

Always full of regulars but newcomers feel immediately at home. "Mr. and Mrs. Theo" are active hosts and serve their full menu on the bar with warmth to all.

Nice/balanced range of entrees: fish (fin- & shell-), chicken, beef, pork, and veal ... not your typical Greek diner ... one of the best between NYC and Boston!