“In paradise” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Falhumaafushi
Hong Kong, China
“In paradise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

A few days prior to departing to The Residence, they emailed a pre-arrival form which I gave them details for my inbound and outbound flights.
On September 2013 at 11:35 am, I arrived in Male and The Residence arranged a flight to Kooddoo 2 at 1:10 pm. The Residence arranged for entry to the lounge. BUT at 12:20 we were ushered into the waiting area (after passing through the X-Ray). Unfortunately, the flight was delayed till 3 pm! So we sat at the waiting area for over 2 hours because we were not ushered back to the lounge and The Residence representatve was not there to help!!
I finally arrived at the Residence a little after 16:35 pm. Upon arrival, the beauty of the island made me forget the delay.
And I had wonderful 4 nights there. Until the night before departure. The Hotel arranged:
5:45 am collection of luggages and check-out
6:45 am boat ride to Kooddoo 2 (BUT BREAKFAST NOT AVAILABLE TILL 7 am!)
I argued with the staff at Dinning Room that all I wanted was toast, and the toaster can be switched on anytime (I presumed). Reluctantly, the staff opened the breakfast at 6:15 am!
8:05 am flight from Kooddoo 2 to Male.
BUT THE RESIDECE KNEWS IN ADVANCE MY FLIGHT FROM MALE TO SINGAPORE WOULD BE 14:15!! I WAITED IN MALE FOR 4 HOURS WITH NO PLACE TO TAKE A NAP AFTER WAKING UP AT 5:30 am!!
I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY THE RESIDENCE DID NOT ARRANGE A FLIGHT Q2279 DEPARTING AT 11:45 FOR Kooddoo Airport (GKK) ARRIVING AT Ibrahim Nasir International Airport (MLE) AT 12:50!?
THIS POOR ARRANGEMENT WIPED OUT ALL MY GOOD TIMES AT THE RESIDENCE!

Room Tip: Need to cooridinate with The Residence about flight arrangements with Maldivian.aero to and from Mal...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Sundaram M, General Manager at The Residence Maldives, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Jeff338nh,

I would like to personally thank you for your time in sharing your feedback on our Trip Advisor page.

It is our pleasure to know that you have enjoyed your stay at The Residence Maldives and the services rendered by the team.

We sincerely regret the inconveniences caused by the delayed flights and have noted your comments on the transfer arrangements and we would like to assure you that we are looking into it very seriously to improve in this area.

Whilst we had arranged an early breakfast service at 6.15am at The Dining Room in anticipation of your early departure, we regret that this may not have been clearly communicated or shared with you prior which had subsequently resulted in the misunderstanding.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us. In spite of the transfer schedule challenges, we do hope you had wonderful memories from your island vacation as we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back at The Residence Maldives soon.

M. Sundaram

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

My wife and I needed an extended weekend getaway from work. The island is really beautiful and it was an amazing experience to laze in the pool and look out into endless ocean. As the island is relatively undisturbed, we were able to head down into the lagoon straight from the villa to view coral life. The villa is really spacious and the availability of an outdoor shower is a nice touch. After a long flight, we were greeted by friendly service staff and southeast asian cuisine. The Indonesian chef that lives on sites cooks an awesome Ayam Penyet and Laksa.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Sundaram M, General Manager at The Residence Maldives, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Dominic L,

It is our great pleasure to know that that you really enjoyed the spacious Water Pool Villa and its stunning sunset view. Our Island is located in one of the deepest and largest atolls in the world and due to its exceptional location snorkeling in our house reef as well as in the lagoon is breath taking.

I am pleased to note that you have really enjoyed your dining experience at our restaurants especially the Indonesian cuisine and the friendly service from our staff always with a smile and positive attitude.

I thank you once again for your fantastic feedback and our team will be delighted welcoming you back in the near future.

Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband and I have always wanted to come to Maldives, but couldn't decide until July this year. Having done a lot of research online, we finally decided on a Deluxe Water Pool Villa package of this resort thanks to the relatively low price. After a day of travelling, we arrived at the resort. We felt it was all worth it when we stepped into our villa 300 at the very end of this row of deluxe water villas. The villa was amazing with a large living room, terrace and a large pool. The view was excellent during sunset. We could just go into the water from our terrace and start snorkelling in the resort's house reef. The food at the Falhumaa restaurant was delicious and the beach bar was good too. The staff were friendly and helpful. However, there are a few things I think the resort could improve on. There is no free wifi in the rooms. Beverages, even water, are not included in meals. The buggy service was quite often not on time. Overall, we had a good time especially enjoying our water villa.

Room Tip: Choosing the Southern villas, rooms 300-332, you can have the best sunset view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Sundaram M, General Manager at The Residence Maldives, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear SharonBrownie,

I would like to personally thank you for your time in sharing your positive feedback and appreciation of our facilities and services.

It is our great pleasure to know that that you really enjoyed the spacious Deluxe Water Pool Villa and its stunning sunset view. Our Island is located in one of the deepest and largest atolls in the world and due to its exceptional location snorkeling in our house reef as well as in the lagoon is breath taking.

It is indeed a pleasure to know that you have really enjoyed your dining experience at “The Falhumaa” our specialty restaurant as well as at “The Beach Bar”. I am happy to note that you enjoyed the friendly service from our staff always with a smile and positive attitude.

We have noted your comments on Wi-Fi, Beverage & Buggy services and we would like to assure you that we are looking in to it for improvement.

Once again I thank you for your feedback and we would all be so delighted to welcome you back again at The Residence Maldives.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Before I went to Maldives, many of my friends has been talking about this beautiful island.

When the first time I step into Maldives, you will be fascinated & "WOW". Although a long flight & waiting time, it was all worth it with a warm greeting & smiling faces from the staff of The Residence Resort.

With the stunning view of sunset from my pool water villa 308, it was a paradise.
This is the resort you can looking for a perfect getaway~snorkelling, diving, good foods, good staff & even can made new friends with the dolphin, fishes, stingray & etc.
I will highly recommend to my corporate clientele, friends & family.

Once again thank you so much for your warm hospitality, Mr M Sundaram & Ms Connie Lin for being so helpful & the rest of your staff.... :))

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Sundaram M, General Manager at The Residence Maldives, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Dear Christie Y,

My team and I are delighted to see the wonderful review on our trip advisor page.

I would like to personally thank you for your time in sharing your very positive feedback and appreciation of our facilities and services.

It is our pleasure to know that you really enjoyed the stunning sunset views from your villa, our sumptuous cuisine, the breathtaking marine life in and around the Island and the services of our team which is the core of “The Residence” brand.

Connie was very happy to see your comments and she cannot wait to welcome you back to The Residence Maldives.

Once again thank you for your fantastic feedback and for sharing it with us on our tripadvisor page. Our team will be delighted welcoming you back in the near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

We have just returned from 4 night at the residence. I would say this trip was the best trip ever! I have been in the two rooms villa.. Which is super big and pretty.. The pravite swimming pool is big:) and we could see a lot of different kinds of fish once we look down to the sea..we also saw dolphins around :) the best thing I want to talk about is that their employees:) no matter where.. We always saw their smile:D which made me feel so happy too.. I really had fun with them:) I still remember the magic times with them.. All the time that we were having fun and telling jokes together ! Over all this trip was just unforgettable :) I want to say thinks the all the employees there.. That they have acted the important part in my trip..I would love to go back again!

• Stayed August 2013
Sundaram M, General Manager at The Residence Maldives, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Sleepynat,

Many thanks for your wonderful review and indeed sharing your most memorable experiences with us on trip advisor. I am always so thrilled to read about all the great experiences that our guests have and your comment brings me great joy.

It is indeed a pleasure to know how much you had enjoyed your stay especially the swimming pool in the two bedroom villa, the services rendered by the team and the breathtaking marine life in our house reef as well as in the lagoon.

My Team and I are very pleased that we were able to create a memorable experience for you during your stay in line with the brand vision of The Residence “Take refuge from the norm”.

I thank you once again for your fantastic feedback and for sharing it with us on our tripadvisor page. Our team will be delighted welcoming you back in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

I am not joking when I say we had to keep pinching ourselves to see it was real!
We would want to personally thank the wonderful staff managed by Meenakshi at The Residence Maldives for taking care of the family so well whilst on our amazing holiday with you.

We miss our early morning swims in our villa pool, Waseem putting petals on our beds, Uvi making us laugh and Kobid smiling so wide like the Cheshire cat in Alice in wonderland. A special thank you to Puneet for the first class cocktail lesson :)

Rachael Emma Josh Holly

• Stayed July 2013
Thomas B, General Manager at The Residence Maldives, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Rachael O,

I would like to personally thank you for posting such wonderful comments about your stay with us.

My team and I are very pleased that you and your family had an amazing holiday at The Residence.

It is our great pleasure to know that that you enjoyed the swim in the spacious two bedroom water pool villa. Waseem, Yuvi, Kobid & Puneet are especially thrilled to have been part of creating wonderful memories of your time on the Island.

We thank you for choosing to stay with us and would be delighted to welcome you back at The Residence Maldives.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We have just returned from 12 nights at The Residence. We cannot fault our holiday. We were concerned about the journey there but once you get to the Island any thoughts of the journey disappear immediately. Everyone who works there goes out of their way to help you have the best holiday. Our villa was superb (2 bedroom sea vila with pool), the Clarins Spa was heavenly, diving and snorkelling amazing and food/ drinks all first class - if it's not on the menu they will cook it for you anyway! It is easy to get around the Island either by foot or by grabbing one of the many buggies that drive around. Huge thanks to everyone at The Residence for making our holiday so special. We hope to return as soon as we can.

Room Tip: Having a pool may sound excessive but was really worth having. Our two bedroom villa over sea with...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Anne M,

My team and I would like to thank you for the wonderful review on our trip advisor page.

It is our greatest pleasure to know that you enjoyed our beautiful Island and its tranquility in line with the brand vision of The Residence “Take refuge from the norm”. My team is truly delighted to receive such kind and generous feedback to the service that you received during your stay with us.

It is indeed a pleasure to know how much you had enjoyed your stay especially the two bedroom water pool villa, the services rendered by the team, the sumptuous cuisines, the soothing Clarins Spa treatments and lastly our exquisite diving & snorkeling spots.

We would all be so delighted to welcome you back again at The Residence Maldives.

M. Sundaram

Been to The Residence Maldives? Share your experiences!