“My dream water villa” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Falhumaafushi
Hong Kong, China
“My dream water villa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband and I have always wanted to come to Maldives, but couldn't decide until July this year. Having done a lot of research online, we finally decided on a Deluxe Water Pool Villa package of this resort thanks to the relatively low price. After a day of travelling, we arrived at the resort. We felt it was all worth it when we stepped into our villa 300 at the very end of this row of deluxe water villas. The villa was amazing with a large living room, terrace and a large pool. The view was excellent during sunset. We could just go into the water from our terrace and start snorkelling in the resort's house reef. The food at the Falhumaa restaurant was delicious and the beach bar was good too. The staff were friendly and helpful. However, there are a few things I think the resort could improve on. There is no free wifi in the rooms. Beverages, even water, are not included in meals. The buggy service was quite often not on time. Overall, we had a good time especially enjoying our water villa.

Room Tip: Choosing the Southern villas, rooms 300-332, you can have the best sunset view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Sundaram M, General Manager at The Residence Maldives, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear SharonBrownie,

I would like to personally thank you for your time in sharing your positive feedback and appreciation of our facilities and services.

It is our great pleasure to know that that you really enjoyed the spacious Deluxe Water Pool Villa and its stunning sunset view. Our Island is located in one of the deepest and largest atolls in the world and due to its exceptional location snorkeling in our house reef as well as in the lagoon is breath taking.

It is indeed a pleasure to know that you have really enjoyed your dining experience at “The Falhumaa” our specialty restaurant as well as at “The Beach Bar”. I am happy to note that you enjoyed the friendly service from our staff always with a smile and positive attitude.

We have noted your comments on Wi-Fi, Beverage & Buggy services and we would like to assure you that we are looking in to it for improvement.

Once again I thank you for your feedback and we would all be so delighted to welcome you back again at The Residence Maldives.

151 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Before I went to Maldives, many of my friends has been talking about this beautiful island.

When the first time I step into Maldives, you will be fascinated & "WOW". Although a long flight & waiting time, it was all worth it with a warm greeting & smiling faces from the staff of The Residence Resort.

With the stunning view of sunset from my pool water villa 308, it was a paradise.
This is the resort you can looking for a perfect getaway~snorkelling, diving, good foods, good staff & even can made new friends with the dolphin, fishes, stingray & etc.
I will highly recommend to my corporate clientele, friends & family.

Once again thank you so much for your warm hospitality, Mr M Sundaram & Ms Connie Lin for being so helpful & the rest of your staff.... :))

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Sundaram M, General Manager at The Residence Maldives, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Dear Christie Y,

My team and I are delighted to see the wonderful review on our trip advisor page.

I would like to personally thank you for your time in sharing your very positive feedback and appreciation of our facilities and services.

It is our pleasure to know that you really enjoyed the stunning sunset views from your villa, our sumptuous cuisine, the breathtaking marine life in and around the Island and the services of our team which is the core of “The Residence” brand.

Connie was very happy to see your comments and she cannot wait to welcome you back to The Residence Maldives.

Once again thank you for your fantastic feedback and for sharing it with us on our tripadvisor page. Our team will be delighted welcoming you back in the near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

We have just returned from 4 night at the residence. I would say this trip was the best trip ever! I have been in the two rooms villa.. Which is super big and pretty.. The pravite swimming pool is big:) and we could see a lot of different kinds of fish once we look down to the sea..we also saw dolphins around :) the best thing I want to talk about is that their employees:) no matter where.. We always saw their smile:D which made me feel so happy too.. I really had fun with them:) I still remember the magic times with them.. All the time that we were having fun and telling jokes together ! Over all this trip was just unforgettable :) I want to say thinks the all the employees there.. That they have acted the important part in my trip..I would love to go back again!

• Stayed August 2013
Sundaram M, General Manager at The Residence Maldives, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Sleepynat,

Many thanks for your wonderful review and indeed sharing your most memorable experiences with us on trip advisor. I am always so thrilled to read about all the great experiences that our guests have and your comment brings me great joy.

It is indeed a pleasure to know how much you had enjoyed your stay especially the swimming pool in the two bedroom villa, the services rendered by the team and the breathtaking marine life in our house reef as well as in the lagoon.

My Team and I are very pleased that we were able to create a memorable experience for you during your stay in line with the brand vision of The Residence “Take refuge from the norm”.

I thank you once again for your fantastic feedback and for sharing it with us on our tripadvisor page. Our team will be delighted welcoming you back in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

I am not joking when I say we had to keep pinching ourselves to see it was real!
We would want to personally thank the wonderful staff managed by Meenakshi at The Residence Maldives for taking care of the family so well whilst on our amazing holiday with you.

We miss our early morning swims in our villa pool, Waseem putting petals on our beds, Uvi making us laugh and Kobid smiling so wide like the Cheshire cat in Alice in wonderland. A special thank you to Puneet for the first class cocktail lesson :)

Rachael Emma Josh Holly

• Stayed July 2013
Thomas B, General Manager at The Residence Maldives, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Rachael O,

I would like to personally thank you for posting such wonderful comments about your stay with us.

My team and I are very pleased that you and your family had an amazing holiday at The Residence.

It is our great pleasure to know that that you enjoyed the swim in the spacious two bedroom water pool villa. Waseem, Yuvi, Kobid & Puneet are especially thrilled to have been part of creating wonderful memories of your time on the Island.

We thank you for choosing to stay with us and would be delighted to welcome you back at The Residence Maldives.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We have just returned from 12 nights at The Residence. We cannot fault our holiday. We were concerned about the journey there but once you get to the Island any thoughts of the journey disappear immediately. Everyone who works there goes out of their way to help you have the best holiday. Our villa was superb (2 bedroom sea vila with pool), the Clarins Spa was heavenly, diving and snorkelling amazing and food/ drinks all first class - if it's not on the menu they will cook it for you anyway! It is easy to get around the Island either by foot or by grabbing one of the many buggies that drive around. Huge thanks to everyone at The Residence for making our holiday so special. We hope to return as soon as we can.

Room Tip: Having a pool may sound excessive but was really worth having. Our two bedroom villa over sea with...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Anne M,

My team and I would like to thank you for the wonderful review on our trip advisor page.

It is our greatest pleasure to know that you enjoyed our beautiful Island and its tranquility in line with the brand vision of The Residence “Take refuge from the norm”. My team is truly delighted to receive such kind and generous feedback to the service that you received during your stay with us.

It is indeed a pleasure to know how much you had enjoyed your stay especially the two bedroom water pool villa, the services rendered by the team, the sumptuous cuisines, the soothing Clarins Spa treatments and lastly our exquisite diving & snorkeling spots.

We would all be so delighted to welcome you back again at The Residence Maldives.

Kunming, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

The Residence Hotle have very good service, people are very nice and kind. I like there the food and the decorate is very beautiful also the food is very good.I like the falhumaa restaurant it's a french style restaurant. The restaurant is over the water in the night the light with the bulding it very beautiful.I really enjoy the time at the island,

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Lucy Y,

My Team and I are very pleased that we were able to create a memorable experience for you during your stay in July. It is indeed a pleasure to know that you have really enjoyed your dining experience at “The Falhumaa” our specialty restaurant as well as at other F&B outlets.

Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Me and my wife stayed in this resort from 4th July to 8th July for our honeymoon. Journey to the resort is quite hectic (4 hours to Male airport from MY + 1 Hour Internal transfer and about 15 min speed boat) but its all worth it as the resort is very beautiful and great. To The Residence staff credit, once you have touch down to Male airport everything is taking care of but 1 note for all traveler will be ensuring that you are arriving at the right airport (koodoo airport) as the internal flight might stop at kaddhoo airport if I remember correctly)

The resort is very well maintain and to be exact in great condition (as it is still new). From the food, activities and everything from this resort are top notch. However, what is difference between The Residence and others resort will be their service. During my 4 night stay here, what make be feel great about this resort their top notch service and warm staff. I must say that each day at the resort I do make great friends with The Residence staff (Kunal for his great service telling me Falhumaa storey between the spice trader and the mermaid, Hanif and Altif for their great service during my stay there and ensure my breakfast , lunch and all others need is well taken care of). Thank you so much for all the great services and you guys definitely make The Residence special and different from the others :)

I must say that during my 4 days at the residence, i dont even feel like I am on my holiday and credit to all the friendly staff for making me feel like home. Another point to add is for all new visitor you must tried Falhumaa dinner at least once because it server great food and the ambiance is real good especially if you enjoying the romantic moment.

Regarding activities, if you like snorkeling this will be a great place and we are lucky enough to be able to see the baby shark , turtle, stringray and lots of fish from our villa snorkel. If you are interested for a snorkel trip you can go to the dive center but unfortunately you will need to know how to swim in order to go as this is for safety reason.

Last but not least, I enjoy every moment for my 4 night stay at The Residence and I wish everyone in The Residence the best and keep up the top notch services.

Room Tip: Room at the south side will be quieter but it required quite a walk in order to go out (reception...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thomas B, General Manager at The Residence Maldives, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Dear DylonLow,

My team and I would like to thank you for the wonderful and detailed review on our trip advisor page.

It is our great pleasure to know that your honeymoon at The Residence was fantastic and you have really enjoyed our services which is the core of “The Residence” brand.

I am pleased to note that you have really enjoyed your dining experience at “The Falhumaa” our specialty restaurant as well at other F&B outlets. Our Island is located in one of the deepest and largest atolls in the world. Due to this exceptional location the underwater world in our house reef as well as in the lagoon is breath taking.

Kunal, Hafiz and Athif are especially thrilled to have been part of creating wonderful memories of your time on the island.

Thomas Barguil

Been to The Residence Maldives? Share your experiences!