“Stay here for value, couteousness of staff, PHENOMENAL breakfast !!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Vernon

You added Holiday Inn Express Vernon to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Vernon
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   346 Kelly Road, Vernon, CT 06066   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Vernon
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Stay here for value, couteousness of staff, PHENOMENAL breakfast !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

I work for a Fortune 500 company and am allowed to stay at hotels FAR BEYOND this price range. The courtesy of the staff, consistent wireless internet connectivity,cleanliness of the room and incredible breakfast presentation has prompted me to seek this facility when traveling in the Hartford,CT vicinity. This location is adjacent to a 5 Star Italian restaurant "Angellina's" and numerous other restaurants. It is conveniently located next to major highways putting a traveler within 15 minutes of Hartford, Glastonbury, Manchester and Vernon Ct.
Upon request; this facility offers refrigerators, microwave-ovens and coffee pots at no additional charge. This location is convenient to a multitude of restaurants and shopping opportunities. A trip to Old Sturbridge Village is only 45 minutes away while Boston is only a 1.5 hour ride.
The personal service ALWAYS extended by the Management and staff has caused me to stay here once a month for (2) years. Consistency is the hallmark of this facility.
I have come to learn that this is a family owned facility. I encourage ALL to realize the difference. I stay in MANY "nice" Holiday Inn facilities. Holiday Inn Express Vernon, CT is EXCEPTIONAL !

Tim Herlihy
Port St Lucie ,FL

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Murray
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2009

BEWARE travelers if you are considering booking with the Holiday Inn Express in HARTFORD-VERNON CT located at 346 Kelly Road. This hotel makes NO allowance to refund prepaid reservations if you have a death in the family! I booked this hotel reservation through Delta.com Sept. 09 to visit my stepdaughter. The reservation confirmation at Delta.com states total due now $0.00, hotel billed at time of check-out. Also stated on the Delta.com website under Policy information ‘your credit card is charged the quoted price at the time of check-out’. When I was completing the reservation, I truthfully do not remember choosing a special discount that made this reservation prepaid.
My Dad became ill on November 1st and died November 10th. Needless to say, I could not leave my Mom to make this trip. I called Delta.com who stated they facilitated the reservation but since no money passed through them they have no recourse with the hotel. Delta was very gracious during this difficult time and cancelled my frequent flyer ticket and redeposited my points at NO charge.
I then called the hotel several times to discuss the reservation and the circumstances. And all they could say was ‘we do not give refunds on prepaid reservations’. They didn’t even offer a credit for a future visit. I called the corporate headquarters of Holiday Inn – Intercontinental Hotels Group who offered to contact the Holiday Inn Express on my behalf. After a few days of my initial call to Intercontinental Hotels, I was informed they stand by the Holiday Inn Express’ decision.
I have NEVER been treated so unfairly at such a difficult time in my life and will NEVER stay at a Holiday Inn Express hotel ever again. Please be careful when you make reservations using Delta.com and Holiday Inn Express and choosing ‘prepaid reservations’ you never know when a loved one may die and you end up canceling a reservation and loosing your money!
Loretta Bogaard
Murray, Utah

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2009

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Epress in Vernon on our way to Canada. Unfortunately a thunderstorm had hit the area just before we arrived and the power was out. We were able to check in and the door keys still worked. The manager took a flashlight and showed us to our room. We were glad we brought our own flashlight as well. It was an early night since the power did not come on until after midnight. The hotel is easy to get to and there are several places nearby to eat.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Machias, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2009

We stopped here for the night on the trip back from Florida. This is the second year we have stayed here. Our room was on the second floor and was very clean. There were 2 full beds, MW, Fridge, and free wireless. The one negative (besides the full beds) was that the sink was in the bathroom with the tub and toilet, which limits the number of people using the facilities at once. We had a very quiet night's rest and a great breakfast the next morning. We used the coupon in the travelers guide and saved $21 plus tax off the rate.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Midwest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2008

After a long day of touring the fall foliage, we were ready for a comfortable night's sleep and got that at this hotel. Breakfast was more than adequate.

• Stayed October 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Walworth,NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2008

I am part of a needlework group with members from all over the country and each year we gather in a different locale. Of the 8 retreats we have done this hotel was by far the best. The rooms were clean, the staff was more than pleasant. Our room had two double beds with 4 pillows on each and the cases were labeled with firm or soft. There was a refrig and a microwave in the room, also WiFi that I didn't need. The continental breakfast was better than most, including the usual carbs plus eggs and bacon or sausage during our stay. Juices and coffee were available 24/7 but also milk and yogurt and snacks.

I can't say enough about the staff. After breakfast was cleaned up they gave us access to the breakfast room for our group to gather and stitch. If we were going out they would print out maps for us. At one point the elevator was out of order and one of the gals came back from K-Mart with a case of bottled water and the man at the front desk carried it upstairs for her.

If all the Holiday Inn Express were like this I would not hesitate to stay again.

• Liked — The accommodating staff
  • Disliked — I really have no complaints.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2008

This is a well-run facility. The staff was pleasant and the room was clean, well furnished, and quiet. Reasonably priced, the Holiday Inn Express is a great value.

• Liked — Comfort and cleanliness; pleasant staff
  • Disliked — Room was a little warm for my husband, though I thought it was comfortable.
  • Stayed May 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Holiday Inn Express Vernon? Share your experiences!