“Great Dining” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 44 Restaurants in Uncasville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Entertaining clients, Romantic, Doing business, Bar scene
Dining options: Dessert, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Columbia, CT
“Great Dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Service, food and atmosphere are great. Not inexpensive but well worth the trip. All of the food was cooked to perfection and they have a great wait staff.

Visited February 2012

Norfolk, Massachusetts
“"It's not my restaurant" said the Maitre D”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Avoid.

This is an "eh" restaurant with a Todd English slip cover on it ( the slip cover includes high prices) and just terrible service.

Made 6:00 reservations well in advance for a special dinner. Waited in line until 6:30.
Made it clear to the waiter and Maitre D that we had a show at 8:00 that we could not miss. They said no problem. Had a poor generic Caeser salad and blah beat appetizer. At 7:15 no entrees. Waiter said there was nothing we could do but wait. After letting him know that we could leave actually he checked the kitchen and said 5 minutes At 7:30 still 5 minutes. At 7:35 we told him we needed the check, which came including the entree's which never came. When we talked to the Maitre D he said "It is not my restaurant". WOW. We left money to cover our drinks and appetizers and left.

What is clear is that this is a tourist restaurant that knows they have a captive audience and an attractive name. I seriously doubt Todd English even has this place on his radar. Olive Garden is far superior. Wound up after the show having beer Fish & Chips at the Summer Shack which was pretty good.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Prospect CT
“Pre-show Martinis”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

At Mohegan Sun to take in a show, and stopped at Tuscany for a pre-dinner drink. Bartenders were attentive and very busy, making all sorts of great drinks for the busy bar. My friend had the Hypnotist and I had the grapefruit which were both amazing and went down easily.....2 drinks later we decided we needed some food to soak up all the drinks - Tuscany wasn't able to seat us for dinner so we had to continue on our way. Don't forget, if you are sensitive to second hand cigarette smoke, this is not the place for you. Martinis were $13 a piece....CHEERS !!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Groton, Connecticut
“Breakfast by the Waterfall”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I liked sitting in a table facing the shops and walkways. My husband had a little bit of a hard time hearing me because of the waterfall. It was somewhat noisy.

Visited October 2012
Tinton Falls, New Jersey
“Excellent Mohegan Sun Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Fine Italian dining from the minute you enter until the time you leave. The service was outstanding. Even though it's situated in a busy indoor shop walkway between casinos, inside you feel as if you've entered a quiet, secluded world. The food was incredible. The caesars salad was crunchy fresh and not even remotely soggy. The veal meatballs in a mason jar appetizer is not to be missed. I had salmon in crispy skin and it was perfectly seasoned and cooked. I've been back since my first time and had the best veal marsala I've ever tasted. Altogether, a terrific experience.

Visited June 2012