“lots of good places to eat” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Activities: Gambling, Dining, Nightlife, Drinking, Shopping
More attraction details
Owner description: Mohegan Sun, owned by the Mohegan Tribal Gaming Authority, is one of the largest, most spectacular entertainment, gaming, dining and shopping destinations in the United States. Situated on 185 acres along the Thames River in scenic southeastern Connecticut, Mohegan Sun is home to three unique casinos, a 34-story, 1,200 room luxury hotel, a world-class spa and golf course, over 75 shops, restaurants and bars as well as three award-winning entertainment venues including a 10,000-seat Arena. Mohegan Sun is within easy access of New York, Boston, Hartford and Providence and located 15 minutes from the museums, antique shops and waterfront of Mystic Country.
Wading River, New York
9 attraction reviews
“lots of good places to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

I go to Connecticut visit my brother inlaw.
we end up going to the casino for dinner every time. there are a lot of good restaurants to choose from, from reasonably priced to way over priced.
some of them are very good at a couple or just so so. you will need to read reviews for each restaurant.
but overall the experience I've had was very GOOD.

• Polish first
conn
21 attraction reviews
“Place has deteriorated, gaming payoffs are not what they used to be.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Went to see Peter Noone at the Wolf's den and found the level of service to be way off the mark. Couldn't find customer service kiosk for comp card, the ones we saw were closed, good payoffs were far and few between, restaurants have closed leaving 2 hour waits at most remaining places, couldn't find any help on the floor for info, free drink staff were hard to find, generally not a good place like it used to be.

Visited March 2013
Sturbridge
17 attraction reviews
“Super Clean and Hospitality from Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We are not gamblers so we didn't gamble but loved spending our time in the bars and restaurants. Just hanging out watching all the people in the "Gambling Comas" we were fortunate to run into a lovely lady who was part of the Security services. She gave us a tour around and gave some pointers about the logistics of the property. She really made our day. Thanks Sue We weren't able to stay till 8 p.m. but I was told our friend Brian Kearsley plays Jazz in the lounge across from Michael Jordan's till 10 p.m. Now that would be worth the drive in it's self! He Jams.

Hanover, New Hampshire
“Never Ever Win”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

If you go to a casino to gamble, do not go to Mohegan Sun. I have been a patron of Mohegan Sun for 5 years now and while the casino is beautiful and the hotel is very nice, the gambling is awful.
I like to play blackjack and the slots. I haven't won in over a year and I go to the casino at least once a month. I realize that I can't win every time but I don't ever seem to even get ahead on the slot machines so I can "quit while I am ahead." Normally I enjoy playing blackjack in the mornings with other ladies but today when I got up, I saw they had closed down so many bj tables, there was no place to play.
My dad looked for a craps table to play this morning near the horse book where he spends most of his time and all the tables have been closed down. There were a few craps tables way on the other side of the resort in another casino but mom is in a wheelchair so not only is it difficult for him to walk over there but it also takes about 15 minutes to get there.
The new management has cut way back and tightened the machines so much its not even fun to play them. A $20 bill can be gone in 5 minutes. No joke. It used to be that even if you lost you got a little fun playing but not so much anymore.
Like I said, if you go to gamble, forget it! If you go to dine, look around and hang out, it is most certainly one of the most artistically beautiful hotels I've seen and I travel alot.

Winthrop, Maine
9 attraction reviews
“Beware if you are a non-smoker or going there to see a band.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We went there to see an old friend perform at the wolfs den. After arriving at 6pm for an 8 o'clock show we were told we were too early and to come back at 7, which we did. At that point we were told that the show was sold out even though it was a free show. After driving all the way down from Maine,this was more than disappointing. Asking to speak to a manager did no good. I asked to have a note sent back to my friend which was never delivered I found out later. About half of the seats remained empty throughout the show despite the fact that there was a long line of people waiting to get in!! VERY inconsiderate on their part!! No satisfaction whatsoever trying to get anyone to help us.
So we stayed and gambled and listened to the music from a distance.
The cigarette smoke level in there is unbearable unless you are a smoker.
The minimums on the tables and slots were the highest I've ever seen.
You could not pay me to return to this place.