“Excellent Birthday!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 4 hotels in Uncasville
Rutland, Massachusetts
“Excellent Birthday!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2007

I originally booked a double queen in order to accommodate my family of three to celebrate my birthday, but upgraded to a river view suite when I realized the sofa made into a queen-size bed. Our room was ready by 1 pm and on the 26th floor. It was absolutely beautiful and had a wonderful view. Since my daughter was 16, we spent a couple of hours shopping and exploring and then decided to try Big Bubbas Bar-B-Q for an early dinner. The atmosphere was great and very family oriented. The napkins were paper towels and the condiments and three bbq sauces were kept handy in a six-pack carton. The food was very good and plentiful; we all had a wonderful time. After dinner, I didn’t want to leave my daughter alone at the arcade but I felt safe enough to leave her in our suite. With a TV in both rooms, music and high-speed internet access, she was just fine. Upon returning to our room, I noticed something on the coffee table and was pleasantly surprised to fine a birthday cake with real plates and silverware sitting neatly on a tray. A card read: Wigwomun (Welcome) Enjoy your special day. From the Management and Staff of Mohegan Sun. Now I'm sure they do this for everyone’s birthday after all I did mention it when upgrading my reservation, but it was so nice and made my birthday even more special. After hitting the casino for a few hours my husband and I returned and collected our daughter for a walk and a late night snack. The food court was just perfect for that and the pepperoni pizza hit the spot. When we went back to our suite, the sofa easily made into a bed and there was plenty of extra blankets and pillows. Our night's sleep was completely uninterrupted, no noise just silence. We will be returning in December for my husband's special day and then just the two of us for our Anniversary in May. Is it expensive? Maybe a bit, it depends on what day of the week you go. Check their website calendar; you can get some great deals. All that aside isn't a celebration or just a day spent a Mohegan Sun worth it. I think it is.

• Liked — The extra touches made it perfect.
  • Disliked — That I couldn't stay more than one night!
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

809 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Middlefield, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2007

We stayed one night in a suite at Mohegan as part of a birthday gift. My husband and I enjoy an occassional evening of gambling at the casino ($$ permitting) so staying at the hotel is always an extra treat. It is fun coming down from your room in the morning and playing a slot or two before breakfast...

The suite itself was amazing, and a good size. It had a little kitchenette, surround sound in the living room, bose radio in the bedroom, and the bathroom had a jacuzzi tub *and* a stand up shower. It was the first time I treated myself to a bath in years. They even provided the robe. We didn't use the pool, which I believe is an extra $10/day.

I have hesitated to stay at the Mohegan hotel before because of the cost, but it's really hard not to enjoy a stay when it's free . . . Would I stay here again, absolutely (nothing beats the location, food, and entertainment in just a few steps). Whether I could afford to stay here again is the real question . . . When you add in the hotel costs with the food and gambling, it can become a very expensive evening!

• Liked — The jacuzzi tub
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2007

Very nice rooms. Phones even next to the toilet. Bathroom was very nice. Clean rooms, clean halls and lobbies.

Has a safe, iron, chairs, desk, etc etc. Beds are comfortable and tv's are regular tv's. All in all, very nice place. Parking garage is a bit far from the rooms.

casino of the sky is across the stores/food area to the earth. earth is for lower limit people. Really bad luck at the table games personally.

very safe. cant get in the elevators unless someone shows a room card at all times (security by the elevators). This was fantastic.

The arena is nice (went for the timberlake concert - zzzzzz, was not for me by the way). those venues are expensive drinks/food of course.

There is an area when you can drop off young kids (play area, enclosed and supervised, charge per hour) so that the adults can go gamble. totally awesome.

All in all, unless you are paying alot, it's a great place to be. I have pics, but they are all greater than 2 mb and i dont feel like shrinking them to upload here.

• Liked — rooms are nice.
  • Disliked — parking garage is far.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
NH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2007

We have always stayed at Foxwoods for years, but after receiving a mailing for a very good price that was available on a Sunday night (Foxwoods for some reason only offer their discounted rooms from Monday thru Thursday in the summer, very inconvenient if you don't want to take two weekdays off), we decided to give them a try. We were not disappointed.

The service was wonderful, very warm and friendly. From the valet, to the front desk clerk, to the elevator attendants, waitstaff, and casino workers - everyone had a smile and a hello! We were very impressed considering the recent experiences with surly, almost rude employees at Foxwoods.

We needed to show our room key in order to use the elevators to the rooms and had to insert the key to operate the elevator. The room was gorgeous, nicely decorated with a lots of amenities. We had two queen sized beds, a sort of chaise lounge with a large hassock, a desk with two chairs - internet port available, large tv, wet bar stocked with snacks and all kinds of drinks, alcohol included (you had to pay for what you used). There is coffee and tea available for free. The bathroom had two large sliding doors with a large black marble vanity and a good sized comfortable tub. The commode was in a separate small room with it's own sliding door for privacy. There is a hair dryer, safe, and iron with ironing board available. The view from our room was of the rooftops of the lower resort (11th floor) but a nice view of the surrounding woods and hills, we could see Foxwoods from our room. I saw that across the hall, the view was of the river! Lovely.

We checked out the pool/spa area, very nice with a large pool decorated in a tropical theme and you can go outside onto the deck for some sun if you choose!

It was nice to take the elevator down and be right at the Casino of the Sky area and all the shops and resteraunts! We ate at the Sunburst Buffet, very good with a large selection, Fidelias, very good breakfast, and had a snack in the food court in the "old" side of the resort. Lots of different slots to choose from, and although we didn't really have a lot of luck, it was fun playing them. Drink service in the casino was a bit slow, you had to order what you wanted and wait for them to come back.

We needed a wheelchair for my mother who has a hard time walking long distances, and received one at no cost from the coat check area. We just had to show a players club card! We were told to either return it to the desk or leave in the room when we were finished with it, that was nice and very convenient!

The only cons were that the beds were very high, mom had to use the hassock to climb into it!!!! And that the water pressure in the shower was weak. Other than that, it was a wonderful experience in a wonderful resort and I would definitely stay there again!

Stayed July 2007
Old Tappan, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2007

Arrived at Mohegan Sun Friday noontime...had a quick bite at the food court (casino of the earth). Played in the casino for about an hour before checking in. Room on the 16th floor. Everything was excellent in the room, all preferences for non-smoking, two double beds were met. The security for the hotel rooms is wonderful, very safe feeling having your room card checked and then having to insert your card in the elevator to go to your floor.

Dined at Tuscany under the waterfalls, Ben & Jerry's for ice cream, Seasons Buffet for breakfast and every morsel was terrific!

We were there for a Brad Paisley concert in the arena, it was rather funny thinking we were on Reservation property with all the county fans coming in with their cowboy hats on!

The Arena is the perfect size for a concert, it's not too big and you really couldn't have a bad seat! Again kudos to Mohegan Sun for security; no only did you open any bags you may have, you were patted down by security guards to boot! I wish more venues would do that to insure the safety for all. I know it's unfortunate that we're at this point by security is a big issue today.

We had a wonderful stay; dining, gaming and entertained! This is a GREAT place, something for everyone!!!

Don't hesitate staying here if you have the opportunity!

• Liked — Everything under one roof!
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
Long Island, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2007

I stayed here for the first time and the hotel was ok but since it is the only game in town.
My room was to have been superior level but the tv was broken and smelled of smoke so they moved me. The service is ok.but for what they charge your should get more. The tv could have been broken in any hotel. The bathrooms were quite large but overall this hotel has a long way to rival those in Vegas or AC.

• Liked — on site hotel
  • Disliked — smke filled room not maintained
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
easthampton, ma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2007

I was a guest of my brother and his wife on a recent stay to Mohegan Sun sharing a room with my daughter and mother. I slept on a roll away and it was very comfortable. It was not simply a folding mattress. It even had a box spring! The room had one of those tall beds with ultra comfortable mattress, The bathroom was roomy with a separate toilet room. We also used the pool which was clean and bright. The back wall of the area opened to a large outdoor patio. The hot tub was closed during our stay so we didn't get to check it out. There was also a bar in the pool area where you could also order food.
I have stayed in Uncasville many times, usually at the Best Western but this time we had the best of all worlds. We spent the day at Misquamicut State Beach, about 20 minutes away and checked into our rooms about 4:00. Having the shops and casino in the same building was a total vacation experience. I only wish we had more than one night. Of course the casino was always open and not overly busy during our mid-week stay. There were 3 young children in our group and they stayed with their parents in a 2 bedroom suite. It was wonderful. The children loved the arcade and little ones used the playroom ($)with child care. There are lots of dining options. Everyone in our group from 3 to 79 had a blast. Grandma loved the martinis at the Summer Shack and learning to play the slots and Keno. She was a riot!

• Liked — food, entertainment, accomodation all in one package
  • Disliked — too short
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Mohegan Sun? Share your experiences!