“There was nothing NOT to love!” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Mohegan Sun Boulevard, Uncasville, CT 06382   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Uncasville
new england
“There was nothing NOT to love!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2007

From the moment we were greeted by our friendly valet, each and every aspect of our 3 day stay met over and above all expectations and even more! All of the staff was professional and 150% accomodating, yet friendly and extremely approachable. Between the Native American symbolic designs (which I felt very connected to), the comfortable rooms, delicious food wherever we went ---- even the casino people--- well, I could have easily moved in there.

If you're thinking of going, do it; you won't regret it!

• Liked — The Native American history and decor
  • Disliked — nothing!
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Turkish first
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2007

I stayed one weeknight at Mohegan Sun at the bginning of March. It was my second stay, the first being two years ago.

There is no denying that rooms at Mohegan are expensive, even on a weekday. However, it should also be said that it is one of the cleanest hotels I have ever stayed in in my life - not just the rooms themselves, but the whole property is very clean.

The check-in clerk asked me if I had a floor preference, so I asked for a higher floor and got a room with a very nice view of the river. The room was not large but it was not cramped either. The bathroom was quite large with nice fixtures and decor. I'm not a big fan of the sliding bathroom doors that don't lock, but maybe that's just me. I did not have any problems with noise from nearby rooms.

I ate two meals on the property - buffet dinner, which was decent quality, some things better than others, and a buffet breakfast at Fidelia's, the 24-hour cafe - decent food but very limited selection, I should have just gone back to the main buffet :)

All in all, I had a pleasant stay. The rates can be borne if you're there on a weeknight, it's on the weekend where it just gets ridiculous.

• Liked — Very, very clean and quiet.
  • Disliked — Expensive.
  • Stayed March 2007
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2007

My husband and I recently stayed at the Mohegan Sun with friends for two nights. We were looking to get away for a few days and have some fun. We had a blast.

The hotel is gorgeous and is so clean. There are always people cleaning throughout the day. The rooms were very nice and the staff was very accomodating and friendly.

We are not big gamblers but had fun playing Black Jack. We always tried to sit at a table with people that were there to have fun and not serious gamblers. It made for some great laughs.

The restaurants were a little pricey but the food was outstanding. We ate at the Summer Shack and Big Bubba's BBQ. We also treated ourselves one night and ate at Michael Jordan's Steakhouse. The food was amazing, we were still talking about it the next day.

Overall we had a great time, great food, had fun gambling and had alot of laughs. Will definately go back for a get away.

• Stayed February 2007, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2007

Yes, it is a very beautiful hotel and I do agree that it ranks up there with some of the four star hotels in Vegas / AC...but... I don't think the room we had was truly worth the $499 rate we got.

The front staff was wonderful, the room was clean but a little dusty and the bathroom was nice (good water pressure).

I guess the best part, and what makes it all worth spending the money for the room, was that you can party and gamble downstairs and all you have to do to turn in is go right on up the elevator (no driving, no shuttle to worry about, leave your coat in the room).

We had a water view on the 28th floor which was nice, but again, nothing really 'wowed' me.

• Liked — Upstairs from the casino and restaurants
  • Disliked — Didn't rank high on the "WOW" factor
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with friends
NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2007

Two of us travel with two laptops and we *must* have wireless Internet. I called MS on a Monday and asked if they had wireless. I was told yes. I called again on Tuesday and was told yes. I then booked my room for Weds. We went through the entire check in process.

When I had our key I asked if the wireless info was in the room. Oh--we don't have wireless. Incredible. I was ready to live with it and just waste some time with us signing on one at a time, but I wanted the manager to know of the situation. This is where it gets *really* bad. The manager left us waiting for 20 mins. while she took other customers. There were people smoking in the lobby--where they aren't supposed to smoke. She said it must have been an error by someone (actually 2 different people) in reservations to say they have wireless in the rooms. She offered us a SECOND ethernet cord "for the other computer." Knowing better, I asked if this would give us access for the "other computer". Of course not--there's only one connection in the room. Then why are you giving us a second cable--in case the other cable doesn't work. What a scam.

It was bad enough wer were lied to about the wireless, but she was explicitly trying to mislead us into believing we could get a second Internet connection in the room. We were steamed and said check us out. As she was checking us out, I just had to ask--didn't it ever occur to her to offer us some sort of compensation, even a drink, for all their screw ups? Her answer: she was offering us a compensation by not charging us for the "canceled" reservervation. This is one of the WORST customer service experiences in my life. I'm a 44 year old professional who travels extensively for business and pleasure, and I can say this is very likely the absolute worst customer service experience in my life. We went to Foxwoods--where they had the decency to admit they don't have wireless (but the do have free ethernet!), and had a great time. *Never again* will we even attempt Mohegan Sun

Stayed January 2007
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2006

We stayed at the Mohegan Sun hotel for a weekend for our birthdays and a quick getaway. The hotel was nice and we had a very nice, clean room. I thought it was pretty expensive for what it was, but it was a fun place to stay.

Our main complaint about the casino, was the Todd English restaraunt Tuscany. We had been excited to eat here, and made a resveration for the night of my husband's bday. It was awful. The bread and dip was good but nothing after that! We could have had a better meal at Oliver Garden and it would have cost a lot less!

However, a good tip is the Irish bar has a salad, pizza, and soda special at lunch that is less than $5.

• Liked — Large, modern room
  • Disliked — Tuscany's restaurant
  • Tips/Secrets — Have pizza, salad, and soda lunch at the Irish Bar!
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2006

I need to start this review with a disclaimer - I am not a typical casino partron. I was in the area for business and when my first choice hotel (the Mystic Marriott) was sold out, I decided to try out the Mohegan Sun. I also need to state that I HATE cigarette smoke and I almost did not stay at the Mohegan Sun because of this, but the hotel advertises that all its public areas are non-smoking as well as many of the hotel floors and most of the restaurants in the casino.

My first complaint is about the smoking issue. Imagine my surprise when the public elevator lobby of my non-smoking floor had 6 standing ashtrays all of which had cigarettes in them. So much for no smoking in public areas or no smoking floors. My room had a small electronic device on the floor that looked sort of like a humidifier but was to eliminate odor. The machine did this by pumping in a noxious potpourri smell. It was overpowering and awful. In the morning I had to actually get off the elevator I was on because it reeked so badly of smoke. In other words, if you are like I am and hate smoke. Do not stay here. The hotel is obviously very liberal with its "no-smoking" policy given that most of its guests are probably smokers. The hotel would be better off not even pretending that it had no smoking floors and areas.

My second complaint is about the bed. The mattress was awful. It seemed to be a foam mattress and was incredibly lumpy. The pillows were also not comfortable. I was not at all pleased with the bed.

The rest of the room was fine. The bathroom was actually rather nice and spacious.

I do have to give the Mohegan Sun props for prompt service. In the morning I discovered the hair dryer in the room kept overheating. I called for a new one and it was brought to me within 5 minutes. My experience in the restaurant I ate in was also pleasant.

Overall, I would not stay here again but I am definitely not the typical Mohegan Sun clientele nor the type of guest the hotel normally caters to.

• Liked — The choice of dining options
  • Disliked — The awful smells!
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Mohegan Sun? Share your experiences!