“Excellent Rooms, front desk needs work” 4 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Mohegan Sun Boulevard, Uncasville, CT 06382   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 4 hotels in Uncasville
A TripAdvisor Member
“Excellent Rooms, front desk needs work”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2005

The rooms at Mohegan sun are very light, airy, and spacious. Any requests made of housekeeping for extra items were brought within 5 minutes. My only complaint for not giving it a "5" rating is that the desk staff seems somewhat confused and takes longer then needed to get someone checked in. I'm familiar with larger hotels taking time(and reading other reviews), however being in the hospitality business for over 18 years now, I know that their time could be cut in at least half with proper training.

Casinos are great and a lot of fun. My only complaint(along with a lot of others apparently) is that it really is too smoky. I realize that it is a draw for a lot of people being able to smoke, but it would be great to upgrade their smoker eaters!

• Stayed July 2005

808 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Minneapolis, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2005

I stayed here on a business trip and our meetings were held on site. So, I'm not sure if we were extended extra courtesy given the money our company was spending. Still, everything about this property was quite nice: excellent food, very nice rooms, very clean hallways, bright colors, and basically a beautiful property. Tough security, but that OK with me in a casino environment. Efficient bell hop and valet service, too. Check in was easy if not overly friendly. I'm not sure if it's a good value because I didn't pay out of my own pocket, but based on my stay, I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a casino/hotel in the area.

• Stayed March 2005, traveled on business
New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2005

We've stayed here a few times and have always enjoyed the exceptional service and especially the BEDS in the rooms. They are so comfortable, and the furnishings are very contemporary. If you are a Players Club member you'll receive periodic specials for the mid-week stays, and that's when we usually go. Take a few minutes to check out the pool area, in the summer they open up the huge windows and it becomes a sundeck. All of the restaurants we've tried have all been exceptional -- our favorites are Pompeii & Caesar and Bamboo Forest. Enjoy your time!

Stayed May 2005
delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2005

Just returned from visiting the Mohegan Sun Casino. I must say, it was as wonderful to view as it was fun playing. They had a ton of different games to play with fair payouts but the selection was great. They have a mall there that is super and sights to view along with the entertainment you can't go wrong here! They only regret we have is that we didn't get time to visit the restaurants while we were there. We didn't stay at the Hotel and didn't view it but I'm sure it is just as nice as the casino is. They did a beautiful job of making it presentable to the public and inviting as well.
We would most definitely go back when we get the chance.

• Stayed April 2005
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2005

Some background. I have loved Mohegan Sun. I have been going to the casino since it opened, and to the hotel since it's opened. Probably stayed at the hotel 15 times by now. It is a breath-taking property and an incredible place to spend a day, a weekend, or more. Only on my last trip did I start to see serious signs of slippage. I hope I haven't just been lucky in the past. However, this time they really angered me big time.

Reserved a room non-smoking with two Queen beds. Traveling with a friend. We check in at 3pm on a Thursday afternoon. No non-smoking rooms with 2 beds available. I have asthma and can't do a smoking room. My friend is a big, big guy (about 350 lbs., no kidding) and he needs a bed. After escalating this as far as I could, they BEST they could do was one bed and my friend on a cot!! My kids on a cot? OK. My friend on a cot?? Give me a break. This is after I talk the hotel up to him for years on end and finally convince him to take a day off and see what the fuss is all about. If I checked into my GUARANTEED room at midnight, I could understand no rooms of my type left. I could cut them some slack for that. But no room with 2 beds, non-smoking at 3pm in the afternoon? Totally unacceptable. And the explanation I got from the front desk (Yes, you are guaranteed a room but not a specific kind of room) is completely unacceptable. This has never happened to me in 25 years of hotels and, believe me, it won't happen at MS again.

Loyalty be dammed, next time this happens I will never come back.

Stayed March 2005
Long Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2005

The lobby is stunning, as are the multiple casinos. The rooms are tastefully decorated and super clean. Nice perks...decaf tea, hairdryer, pull out vanity mirror, lots of pillows. Bathroom had seperate toilet closet, large vanity, and funky mosaic tile design on wall. Water pressure on 23rd floor was OK, not the best.
I loved the pool area. It's surrounded with wall to floor windows on two sides, plus has skylights. Beautiful mosaic on the floor of the pool. There's also a bar for cocktails. The jacuzzi and pool temperatures are perfect. Plus the pool was empty (used it around 9pm, closed at 10pm). I floated in the center of the pool and could see my reflection from skylights. It was like watching a movie. There's a restroom across the area to change and dry your hair.
Ate at the buffet in the Wolf Casino for breakfast and dinner. Great food, nice choices, definately worth the price.
Generally speaking, nice crowd of people. Easy check in and check out. Downside, did not expect so much smoking. Smoking was permitted in the lobby and casinos. There were some designated smoke free casino area which I found a little too late. Did not feel the air was fresh until I got to the open part of the lobby.
Despite that, would definately go back again. Enjoy! Patricia...Long Island, New York

• Stayed April 2005
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2005

I recently stayed at both Casinos in CT on a two week vacation. I found my-self obsessed with Mohegan Sun, and returned to stay there.. Ha-ha. The casino is stunning is design and I have never dealt with such a great and friendly staff. I frequent Atlantic City often, and find it cheap and dirty in comparison to Mohegan Sun, and Foxwoods has the worst customer service of them all!! The Executive Host and the Hotel staff that I encountered were the best I have ever dealt with in my travels… and was very helpful in extending my stay. My hat goes off to you and your establishment, I was truly impressed.

Been to Mohegan Sun? Share your experiences!