“Become a Member” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Uncasville
Westwood
“Become a Member”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Been reading a lot of reviews complaining about the room price. If you sign up for a Player's Club card, which is free, your room rate is discounted. Over the next three months of summer, the highest room rate is $399 for a regular King bed room on Saturday nights. Some early week room rates are as low as free, $49, $79 and $99. So it pays to become a member, and the suites are discounted as well.

By the way, the hotel will gladly bring up a refrigerator and a microwave if you want. I was told it was best to call guest services once you arrive rather than setting it up through the front desk, since it adds another layer to the request. If they get it wrong, you can call them again and they'll get it right.

Room Tip: Become a member.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We upgraded to a suite so the 5 of us could sleep in comfort the 3 nights we were there. It was perfectly roomy. The kids had the pull out sofa in the separate living area and there own bathroom. The master bathroom was the best part of this suite by far. From the fluffy terry robes to the cute display of complimentary toiletries to the huge soaking tub and separate shower, it was pure luxury. We relaxed by the beautiful pool the 2 days we were there. We thought we would be bored since it is a casino, after all, and we had the 3 little ones with us and we had planned on doing some of the area attractions but ended up being quite content relaxing and going out to ice cream and Ben& Jerry's. As far as the perfect time to go with kids, we couldn't have timed it better. There was a dance competition of school age children going on which my daughters loved watching. So free entertainment it was! I would encourage anyone who is staying here with kids to do the area attractions though. I have done them all, Mystic Aquarium, Mystic Seaport, Pequot Museum among others and they are all worth a visit with kids.
Oh, there was a keurig and k-cups, which they brought me more of when requested. They also brought us a fridge free of charge and could have provided a microwave. When I called at 8pm for extra blankets, they were up within the hour. The staff were very friendly and professional.

• Stayed June 2013
MoheganSunCT, Dave J. - Social Media Specialist at Mohegan Sun, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
We are happy to hear you enjoyed your recent stay - we aim to spoil our guests! Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We hope to have you and your family as our guests again soon!
New Bedford, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I stayed overnight at the Mohegan Sun hotel. Pricey as it was Memorial Day weekend. It was a non-smoking floor and it was immaculate down to the freshly scented air in the halls. Comfortable bed, spacious room, nice amenities, and the desk clerk was extremely helpful giving us coupons for different services and restaurants. I stayed at Foxwoods MGM 2 weeks later as a comparison and there was none. I'll stay at Mohegan every time from now on.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have a nicer view and are quieter.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate you taking the time to leave us this great review - thank you for the kind words. We can't wait to have you back!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I vaguely remembered my last trip to Mohegan Sun when I booked a weekend getaway but remembered it was nice and wanted to treat my wife to some excitement for her birthday. As soon as she walked into the lobby of the hotel, my wife's eyes lit up and I knew it was the right choice. When you're used to gaudy nonsense like you see at some of the Atlantic City casinos, a beautifully designed interior is a breath of fresh air. Mohegan Sun is gorgeous.The motif of mosaics and water create a calm and classy atmosphere -- something that was appreciated by both my wife and I.

Check in was very easy and we were on our way to our room in very short order. The room was standard but very clean with a comfortable king sized bed with plenty of pillows, large desk, nice sized chair and ottoman, good clock-radio and decent sized TV. The bathroom was large and very clean. Lots of towels, soap and other toiletries. The toilet is in a small room to the side with a sliding door. Standard tub with a nice shower.

We began our evening by walking around the shopping area before dinner. Many things to browse from clothes to electronics, jewelry, chocolates and many others. It kept us occupied until it was time to go to Michael Jordan's Steakhouse. Great food, great service, prices about what you'd expect for an upscale place. My only complaint was that for the price, the establishment was a little noisy for easy conversation. A small complaint but there you have it.

The casino was large and clean. The cigarette smoke was whisked away by a good ventilation system but it's still present outside of the non-smoking areas. Table games have a higher minimum at night (as usual) but there were plenty of video poker machines and other sorts of slots to pass the time.

Went to bed late and got up for brunch. Be aware that on days when there's a Connecticut Suns WNBA game, the buses arrive late morning and line for the buffet becomes incredibly long. Instead we went to the place called Hash House a Go-Go and had an excellent (if fattening) breakfast.

I will separately note that the customer service at all levels was excellent, efficient and very friendly. I have zero complaints about how we were dealt with.

The rooms aren't cheap but there is a lot to do there especially if there is a show in the arena or at the many clubs on premises. We had a great time and would not hesitate going back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for this great review! We're happy that you came back after all those years. Hopefully we can have you and your wife as our guests again soon.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

I had surgery on monday and wanted to get away for the weekend so i invited my mom-n-law and off we went to mohegan for a one night stay with my husband and my 4 yr old. I should have known this was gonna be a mistake from booking on the phone. Customer service was VERY unhelpful. Had no clue about the kids club and just about overall questions about the hotel and ammenities. We got the package to watch the comdy show and stay at a suite. We arrived and check in was easy. Got our room by 2pm and before then we were able to hang out by the pool and have lunch at Margaritaville(which was FABULOUS). If u go there, order the perfect margarita. It is a margarita lovers dream come true. Great service. My 4yr old loved it too. The room was beautiful, spacious, had a king size bed in one room and a pull out couch in the other. They do not have refrigerators in the room so you have to ask someone to bring you a portable one. Dont have a microwave either. Ridiculous if ure traveling with small kids. We asked for extra pillows and blankets FOUR times and when we finally got them we got one pillow!!! Our cards didnt work twice, twice we had to waste our times to go bak to the front desk. We wanted late check out and were willing to pay for it and while i was relaxing by the pool my husband said that they would only do that if I was there and paid. He ended up getting upset and paying. Why would I have to waste my time and go there. Just charge it to my room!!! Just overall invonvenient!!!! Customer service was not great at all. And i forgot to mention, when we arrived they didnt have our tickets to the show("missing"), which our package came with and others in front of us got easily. We had to walk around the casino and go to anotha booth to get our tickets. THEY should have sent someone to get it for us and taken it to our room! Like I said very inconvenient. My daughter enjoyed the pool but it was cold and it was NOT hot out. It should have been heated even just a little. The pool service was terrible. Had to WAVE your arms around to get a drink and when you did it was a margarita that was terrible, an no lime, no napkin. Like i said, had a good time because nothing was going to ruin the fact that i needed to relax, i payed over $1200 for that one night and i was with great company. I would definitely not go back, i would try foxwood next. On a positive note though all the nightlife is wonderful. My husband and i danced the night away at the club by margaritaville. It was great. The kids club was EXCELLENT! My 4 yr old LOVED it. I felt comfortable leaving her there also. Its open till 3am just fyi.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are sorry to hear that we did not live up to your standards, as you described. We would invite the opportunity to discuss your experience further if you'd like to give our Guest Relations team a call at 866.707.3317.
Valley Stream, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We went to the Mohegan Sun as a father's day treat for my husband on Saturday, June 15th. It was our third trip there so we knew we were in for a good time. We originally planned to have dinner at Tuscanny but 'dad' just wanted a burger so since it was for him (and he was paying) we went to Margaritaville. What's nice is you ask for medium well and you actually get medium well. Dinner was excellent and the decor is fun. You can sit in a boat like we did. That hit the spot and before the show we got ice cream at Ben and Jerry's. We saw the Mike Marino show who I didn't know about before at the Cabaret theater. It was pretty funny show and the rest of the crowd seemed to agree. After the show we went back to Margaritaville just to each have a real margarita before bed. Such a good time but the restaurant wasn't really that busy. We have been to the ones in Orlando, Niagra Falls and Myrtle Beach and they told us about a new Margaritaville in Atlantic City. We didn't win anything this time but we still had lots of fun and our room was clean and beautiful with amazing country views and worth the trip to Connecticut.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
MoheganSunCT, Dave J. Social Media Specialist at Mohegan Sun, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review our property! We're happy to here you and your husband got to explore so much of our property. He'll have to return the favor and bring you back for Mother's Day!
Braintree, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

My sister and I had lunch at the above-mentioned restaurant yesterday. Our server's name was Sally and she was wonderful. We had a great meal and a lot of laughs. Sally is the type of person who you want as a server. A waitress can either make or break a dining experience and Sally certainly made ours most pleasurable. The food was excellent (not to mention the "Perfect Margaritas we enjoyed). I would definitely recommend eating at this establishment.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
MoheganSunCT, Public Relations Manager at Mohegan Sun, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts! We will make sure that they are forwarded on to the staff at Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville, especially Sally.

Hope to see you again!

Been to Mohegan Sun? Share your experiences!