“Great Getaway” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in Uncasville
Boston
“Great Getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

We are from Boston and met friends from the NYC area here. The hotel is very clean and the service was remarkably attentive for a property of this size. The pool and workout facility was also clean; didn't use the spa.

Nice kids arcade section in the main part of the complex very close to the hotel.

Food was a mixed bag.

Plenty of $10 tables even on a Saturday night.

Will be back.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

819 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Columbia,Pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

The rooms are very nice.I had a beautiful view out of my room.The casino and building inside is very nice.The restaurants are really good too.There is Krispy Kreme there too which is wonderful. The staff is very friendly and helpful.There is lots of stores to shop at too. Very enjoyable.

• Stayed September 2012
CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Check in was easy and reasonably quick. The hotel was busy and there was a line at the front desk but there were enough staff on hand and we waited no more than a minute or two. The staff was very pleasant and welcoming. Complimentary valet parking is a nice amenity considering the cost of parking at many major hotels.

There are 3 things that I look for in a hotel.room. It has to be clean, it has to be comfortable and it has to be quiet. I was a little surprised to find that the Mohegan Sun exceeded my expectations. The 450 s/f room was spotless clean, we literally did not hear a sound all night. No voices in the hall, no machinery and no TV noise from the room next door.

The hotel will add on a $15 "facility fee" supposedly for WIFI service among other things. Unfortunately, that serves to offset the free valet parking.

Room Tip: Ask for a water view room. If you are a non smoker be sure to specify that you want a non smoking ro...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Schuylkill Haven, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I won a Thanksgiving weekend get away at the Mohegan Sun in Connecticut. I received a 2 night stay & a gift card. Their PR person (Dave) made my reservations & made sure everything was there at my check in. They also gave me a digital camera to take pictures of my stay. The valet parking was great. We got to go to the vip check in. Our bags were already in our room by the time we got upstairs. The room was very nice. The view was amazing. The room was a nice size & very clean. The beds were supposed to be a queen, but seemed a little smaller-they were very comfortable nonetheless. Bathroom had a shower with bathtub. toilet had a sliding door in the bathroom for privacy (it had a phone in there too.) There was free wi-fi in the rooms so i was able to check messages. There is a table/desk in the room which was nice for reading the morning paper that was provided.
All of the staff were very friendly & helpful. The only person I was a little disappointed in was the PR person, Michelle. She was supposed to meet me upon arrival & was not there. I had tried calling her cell & office numbers & had left messages. She never returned any of my calls. I was taken care of by other staff, but the courtesy of a return call would have been nice.
The buffet was great. The whole retstaurant was clean & sometimes that's hard to do with a buffet. lol They had plenty of choices even for the folks with special diet needs.
We got one of the players club cards & received $25 on the card as it was diva Friday. the casino has a nice warm, cozy, woodsie, log cabin kind of feel to it. I didn't see any garbage anywhere the whole time. There were plenty of shops to choose from & places to eat. There was a whole play land for kids. There was a lot of art throughout the casino. There is a pool/gym & also a spa. We attended two shows in the Wolf Den while we were there-no entrance fee. I have to say it was one of the nicest casinos I have seen. Overall it was a really nice weekend getaway. I would certainly return.

Room Tip: Fridge is set up by weight-be careful what you take out-it will show up on your room bill.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
East Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

While the room was one of the cleanest I've ever been in, the noise level woke us twice at midnite and two a.m. We were there for a Christmas party and went up at 11:00. Way too expensive for a room for sure, but it was a once in a life time treat for us. For a non-smoking floor the hallway trash barrels had ashes on them and we saw two matches on the floor.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ottawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I quite enjoyed my stay. The rooms were very nice with free wifi and a good tv selection. The bathroom was spacious with a separate enclosure for the toilet. In similar layouts I've seen a soaker tub and a separate shower but this had a bath/shower which was clean and adequate. I found the bed to be comfortable and I slept well my entire stay. The small desk was suitable for work and I had a great view of the river. They had smoking and non-smoking rooms.

Maid service did a good job and staff members were all helpful and polite. I had no more than a one minute wait at check in and check out. All parking is by valet at no charge (other than tip). The ticket system is efficient and although checkout was fairly busy we departed in shorft order.

I stayed at a discounted rate as a conference attendee. The regular rates were significantly higher and there is an additional $15 resort fee per night. If you are budget-minded and there to gamble there are some cheaper hotels nearby with shuttle service. Saying that, I certainly would pay more for the comfort and convenience of being on site.

In addition to the casino there are a slew of restaurants (some fantastic fare) and shops. There were concerts playing when I was there which resulted in some longer lineups at times. This was an enjoyable visit and I am already planning a return trip.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

The hotel is part of Mohegan Sun casino. The only reason you would really want to stay here is if you're coming to gamble or attend an event at the Mohegan Sun Arena (concert, sports event, etc.). The hotel also has an Elemis Spa, so perhaps people may also visit for this.

What I liked:
-Free valet parking.
-Staff attitude was excellent (valets, bell staff, front desk staff, everyone!) Very impressed!
-Size and layout of the room was excellent.
-The bed/mattress is very comfortable and I slept very well.
-Free wifi (in the room and public spaces) and wired internet in the room.
-Location! Dozens of restaurants, shopping and the casinos just off the hotel lobby.
-The toilet was separate from the main bathroom/vanity/shower area. Nice and practical!

What I didn't like:
-Value was not good. It was Thanksgiving and the room rate was nearly double the normal rate.
-The shower was a bathtub/shower combo with a shower curtain. Many more modern and upscale hotels have a separate stall shower and many people (including me) prefer this.

Overall, the stay was excellent. I can not say enough about how friendly and helpful all of the staff that I had contact with were.
I would give an overall excellent rating and also rate the service excellent, if it had not been for 1 incident that really spoiled it. After returning to the room at 3:00am (from a concert in the Mohegan Sun Arena) I found that my room key/card didn't work. I went down to the lobby and there were 8 people queued up at the front desk waiting, with only 2 staff behind the desk. To say that things were moving slowly would be an understatement. I waited nearly 30 minutes to get my new key/card. This is an annoyance at any time, but especially at 3:00am. Everyone online was impatient and complaining (the woman behind me was a Mohegan Sun Player's Club member and called them several times to complain and ask that more help be sent, while we were waiting. No help ever came). The entire time we were waiting, it seems only 1 of the 2 staff were handling a guest at any one time. There continually seemed to be some kind of problem that prevented them from helping the next guest. A supervisor eventually appeared, but was just standing behind the counter talking to staff and made no attempt to assist guests or even offer an apology for the wait. When I was finally helped the staff did apologize for the wait, but it was really too late at that point. Sadly, although the entire rest of the stay was excellent this is really what sticks in my mind.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Mohegan Sun? Share your experiences!