“Nice hotel, even if you aren't gambling” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Mohegan Sun Boulevard, Uncasville, CT 06382   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in Uncasville
New York City, New York
“Nice hotel, even if you aren't gambling”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Stayed here while the power was out from Hurricane Sandy, but have stayed on multiple other occasions. The rooms are nice, bathrooms are new, rooms are clean, especially since the smoking rooms are separated from the non-smoking. Keurig coffee machines in the room is always a plus!

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

853 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

Even if you are not a gambler, this was a great place to stay for the weekend. I would liken it most to a cruise-ship experience without the water. Everything is interconnected from the hotel to 25 places to eat and drink to the casinos and entertainment.

I was in the property from Friday trough Sunday but never felt like I had been there for that long. There was plenty to do and see. The arena is also a great place to see basketball.

Food catered by the hotel was outstanding. Some of the best I've had anywhere in a catered buffet setting.

• Stayed November 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Having stayed at Mohegan Sun Hotel many times over the past 3 or more years I regret that I sense a decline in many aspects over this period.I do gamble when there, I am not a "high roller" by any stretch of the imagination, but I did get offers of reduced rates for most nights but Fri/Sat, and some minor comps and an occasional free night. Also, the selection of eateries was substantial. These perks have been reduced a lot, particularly in the last 6 months. Many of the eateries are closed or changed unfavorably in my opinion. Or the menu selections changed and prices raised. Also the room care and service seems to have gotten worse, again my opinion. I believe increased availability nearby of other venues has caused this to occur due to less income.
I think this is the opposite of what they should be doing to keep/attract customers.

Room Tip: All rooms are still pretty good. A lot depends on who you get next door or across from you. And as...
Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Long Island City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Went for one night for a little mental health day healing from surgery. We booked a package that included $100.00 at Bobby's Flays steakhouse , a cookbook and $20.00 free play. We have not stayed here since they opened, Room big modern and clean,Check in very pleasant. Hotel complex is very attractive. My wife enjoyed the shopping. Casinos are big and up to date.
The night was a good deal. Would stay again. I am not a big meat eater. We had Lobster and Steak @BF. Some of the best.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
MoheganSunCT, Dave J. - Social Media Specialist at Mohegan Sun, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thanks for this great review! We're happy we could be a part of your recovery. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon!
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Got to hotel around 3. The front desk clerk was very nice asked if we had a floor preference since we have stayed before we dont care about floor just non smoking. Ended up on floor 10 very nice view of the river. Nice 2 queen beds and the room was very clean. Had a very nice dinner at Ballo the Italian restaurant food was excellent will go there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Simsbury, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I had only stayed at Mohegan once before and wanted to also try out Foxwoods MGM. I book a Directors Suite at MGM for my 30th birthday. I was so disappointed with The tatter of the room and the blah casino that I was pretty bummed. I made the best of it and enjoyed the oversized tub in the room. I checked out early and headed to Mohegan. I was able to get a Cove Suite which was amazing! It was clean and fresh and much MUCH nicer than the suite I had at MGM. The toiletries were extensive, the Kureig coffee maker was very much appreciated and the bed was to dye for. The only down fall was the tub wasn't a jacuzzi tub and it was a little smaller, but really, no big deal. I had such an amazing time and I can not wait to go back! I have booked two nights in a Sky Suite the Tuesday and Wednesday after Thanksgiving as a treat to myself to relax from a hard semester of college. The Cove was amazing and I can not wait to see what the Sky looks like! I do wish suite guests were allowed a separate check in area. Either way, this is the place to stay!!

Room Tip: Well worth the upgrade to a suite if you are looking to relax and have YOU time in your room
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
West Warren, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We frequent the Mohegan Sun to go to concerts in the arena and for free concerts in the Wolfs Den. The venues for concerts are good and there are a good number of stores to visit before or after shows. Many of the stores are overpriced, but still fun to look around int. Some of the food places are good, but not very good. Others leave a lot to be desired. Either way, food prices are the casino are a bit expensive for the quality of food served. Walking around the casino area, especially around the gambling area can often result in walking near or behind a person who is smoking and the smoke is overbearing. Overall, a decent place, but don't expect an overwhelming experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Mohegan Sun? Share your experiences!