“Really nice hotel and casino” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Mohegan Sun Boulevard, Uncasville, CT 06382   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Uncasville
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Really nice hotel and casino”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Took my loving wife to the Brewfest last night and stayed over. This is our second visit here, first stay over. Our first was a concert. What a great venue. Anyway, this time we got to see and do a little more. First off, check-in was easy and the desk employee got our tickets to the Brewfest. The room was a pleasant suprise. Big with 2 comfortable queen size beds. 32' HD TV. Clean and up to date in furnishings. The bathroom was nice too. Also big and the toilet is seperated by a sliding door for privacy. Best thing? The water pressure. Holy cow the shower will scrub you clean by itself. It was awesome. Here it comes; better rooms than Foxwoods.
Mohegan also just seemed, warmer, friendlier, cleaner and newer than Foxwoods. Everything from the casino areas to the hotel hallways, to the shops and the restaurants.
The only hiccup we found, and not really Mohegan's fault, was with Brewfest. I'll just assume any issues the wife and I saw were due to it being the first one. Merely my humble opinion, but the vendor booths were too close together. There were too many people. The lines were crazy long. Next time use bigger shot glasses. Get rid of the ping pong and fus ball tables so you can push the booths out. It'll also get rid of the frat house feel.
That said, it's better than Foxwoods!

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

if you have the opportunity to be offered a comp room (free) it is well worth the ride, otherwise it can be expensive. There rooms are very nice. beds are comfortable. everything is clean. if you stay up high you will most likely have a wonderful view. the staff are friendly and very accommodating.

Room Tip: rooms usually ending in one (3031) are near elevators.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Providence, RI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

My wife and I stayed on a recent Tuesday- Wedensday Evening. I visit Mohegan Sun a couple times a year, but it has been almost 8 years since I stayed in the hotel since the rooms are usually quite expensive, and we only live a little more than an hour away. The rooms have been remodled since the hotel was first built around 10 years ago, and everything looked new and smelled fresh in the non smoking room. The TV had plenty of stations, and room service was great, but a little pricey(no surprise, it is everywhere). We always have good service from the valets to the front desk, and most people in the casino.

There were only a few things keeping me from a 5 star rating: There is a daily fee of $14.99 for things like bottled water, internet access, and going to the pool and exercise room. I feel if you are paying $99 for a room, (often over $400 on weekends), you should be able to use the pool at no extra charge. Even though we were at the end of the hall, the walls are a little thin, and the toilets flush louder than the bathrooms in high school. The bed while comfortable, is a little high off the ground if you are vertically or mobility challenged. Some of the restaurants left a little to be desired, mostly Bobby Flay's Burger Palance, but I'll save that for a separate review.

Overall, we very much enjoyed this stay, and much prefer going to Mohegan than Foxwoods.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor to get a good view. If you don't mind a walk, rooms further from the eleva...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

While here at a conference I stayed at this very beautiful resort. The convention center was huge, the grounds were imaculant and there are tons of things to entertaine you here. The staff is friendly and very accommodating. The rooms are large and luxurious and please ask for a room with a view; you won't be disappointed! My only con is that my travel size hair products were stolen from my toiletries bag that I left on the bathroom vanity. I hoped I was wrong and even thought it was strange that it was taken. While I didn't mention it to the front desk at checkout ($3.00 worth of hair moisturizer) it was a bit silly that someone would take it; but they did!

• Stayed October 2012
Fairhaven, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We recently stayed overnight with our two daughters ages 2 1/2 and 4 since we had purchased tickets to a childrens concert. Our experience was fabulous!! Upon arrival my husband mentioned at check in that it was our 5 year anniversary night. They upgraded us to a river view suite on the 24th floor. The room was clean, bright and extremely roomy. After the concert we returned back to our room to find a small cake tray with a note congratulating us on our special day. What a nice touch! The I noticed our message light blinking and called the front desk who relayed a message from the hotel staff to "Enjoy our special day." I was told that the message was most likely from the employee (Laronda ??)that I booked our reservation with as she is sweet and does this often. Unbelievable that she would take the time to leave us a message. All of this alone would be enough for us to consider this a 5 star hotel however, the next morning I was equally impressed. I left a tip with the luggage concierge desk as I dropped off my ticket. The bellman arrived outside with our luggage within 2-3 minutes and was extremely friendly. I was alone as my husband and girls were making a run to Krispy Kreme...He started small talk with me asking questions about my foot which happened to be broken and in a soft boot. Then he proceeded to ask if I needed directions to return home. After he relayed the easiest route back home, I attempted to tip him but he rejected my tip mentioning that I had already tipped him back at the luggage concierge desk. The staff seems happy and content to work there and this creates a wonderful experience for the guests. We started planning a return trip on the ride home...can't wait! Thank you Mohegan Sun!!

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
MoheganSunCT, Dave J. - Social Media Specialist at Mohegan Sun, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
We really appreciate you taking the time to leave us this great review! We are so happy we could make your stay special and memorable. We can't wait to have you as our guest again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at this casino a few times with the last time being in July. The hotel is very modern and has always been clean. The hotel staff has always been pleasant and hospitable. Excellent customer service with clean modern rooms

• Stayed July 2012
East Haven, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Decided to get a room after having a few adult beverages on our anniversary. We ate at Tuscany and had a nice dinner. They even gave us a special desert. The casino was not very busy so we decided to see if we can get a room for a decent rate. The rate was reasonable so we decided to stay the night. We had a nice room on a high floor. The view was incredible. We had to leave early in the AM because we left the dogs unattended overnight. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor...great view.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Mohegan Sun? Share your experiences!