“Another great stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Uncasville

Save Saved
You added Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Uncasville to your Saves list
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Uncasville
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1954 Norwich - New London Turnpike, Uncasville, CT 06382   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #3 of 4 hotels in Uncasville

780 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Woodside, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I came with my fiance to celebrate his younger cousin's birthday. The lobby is small but clean and the rooms had an interesting layout but was clean and comfortable.

My major complaint is a situation that occured while at Mohegan Sun. We left later than the hotel shuttle times and was given a business card with a recommended cab company. When attempting to reach them they did not answer so I tried to call the hotel to see if they had another number. This is when I ran in to issues:

The hotel did not answer and it kept asking me to press an extention. After multiple attempts over 45 minutes I googled to see if I could find an alternate number. It connected me to a reservations hotline and the gentleman was nice enough to try to call himself and received the same issue.

The next morning I approached the manager with the issue and he was completely stern and unapologetic that a paying guest could not reach the hotel. He blamed the company, that when no one answers it goes to a hub and someone should answer there. He never once mentioned that they should look into the matter until i repeatedly questioned the problem. When I stay at the hotel/inn/suites I expect to be able to connect with someone at the front desk if there is an issue. I was very dissapointed with the way the responded to the situation.

WESTMORELAND
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We have stayed at fthis Microtel on a number of occasions as part of a trip to Mohegan Sun. The price is right as is the location, which is less than two miles from the casino. The staff is always friendly and helpful and explains the policies of the hotel.

The room/suite set up could be better improved by using table and floor lamps rather than the wall units. Also, four pillows rather than three would be better.

Dedham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

My husband and I love this hotel. Always clean, comfortable and the people, especially the woman who is behind the counter when we come is so hard working, pleasant and really cares about her job. We did, however, have a bad experience this time. When I called to make reservations, I was told there was only one room left and had only a queen bed but, since it was all that was available, I took it. We have always stayed in a room with two queen beds, especially where I do have Sleep Apnea; it is easier to have seperate beds but, it didn't happen this time and we were charged an amount that people pay for two beds, but, I guess that's the way it is. When we stay, we always pick up after ourselves, we leave no mess and treat the room as if it is our own.
We adjusted to the one smaller room with the one bed but, what did it were the neighbors next door to us and accross from us. People came in 3:30-4:00AM, in the morning, woke us up and had no concern for anyone but themselves. They continued to talk outside the hallway and even when they went into their rooms, they were loud and obnoxious. We couldn't sleep from that time on and just stayed awake. it really ruined our weekend. It was my husband;s birthday that we were celebrating but because of not enough sleep, when we left, we drove directly home. We did have plans to go someplace that day but, we knew, with no sleep, we couldn't do it, so, our weekend ended up ruined. I just wish hotels would put something in writing and in every room to notify people that they shouldn't be loud and obnoxious and slamming doors after midnight. It's just not right. I would never do anything like that to anyone, stranger or no stranger. It's really ignorant, so, that will make us think of going away again. We may just stay home from now on, at least we will be able to sleep and not put up with ignorant jerks. Like I say, we love your hotel but, the people who come evidentally cannot be "controlled" some time. I thank you for letting us stay in the past though; I appreiate it. Thank you, Elaine DiMarzio

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stated here the night before a stay at the Norwich inn so we would be closer the day of check in. The hotel was excellent - very friendly , clean and very comfy beds! Free shuttle to the casino at night and a great Italian resturaunt if you come out of hotel and go left maybe a mile or two down on left Bella something ( very yummy). There was free breakfast in the am too - the usual fruit , cereal, breads, juice, coffee, waffle maker and hard boiled eggs. It was exactly what we wanted and was a nice way to start the weekend with friends without breaking the bank.

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Uncasville? Share your experiences!