“Overnight stay for casino play” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Uncasville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Manchester, New Hampshire
“Overnight stay for casino play”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I took a trip down for a Friday overnight so I could go play at Mohegan Friday and Saturday.
As usual here the checkin was quick as no line but 3 people waiting to check you in.
I got room 344 on this visit and it was nice like the others, the reason I mention the # is it was as far away from the elevators as you can get which some might not like. Also it was very close to stairs. I mention the stairs as I took them out to my car after I settled in to head out (one note if management reads this was when I opened the door I got a nice splash as it was raining most of the day and no awning). This was good stairs for leaving, took next morning to go for breakfast and the stairs smell like they go to pool and the bottom door was locked, I guess to keep people from letting others into the pool but would have been nice to have a note that was exit only stairs
So I walked back up to 2nd floor and took elevator down to get the breakfast which is included. Nothing special but enough to hit the spot in the morning. some coffee/juice/water, eggs/sausage, fruit, toast.
Then I was off for more fun across the highway at Mohegan.

Im sure ill be back as long as they are the cheapest close to the casino, I normally stay at Hilton or Marriott otherwise but like this Hyatt due to location.

Room Tip: As I said room 344 far from elevator and stairs only take you outside.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Timothy S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Hello!
Thank you for your review of the Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun. I am very happy to read that we were your best option versus the other area hotels and that you will continue to consider us for future visits. We also appreciate your suggestion of an awning for our exterior stairwell doors, honestly this is something that I never thought of and we will strongly consider it as we look for ways to improve our buildings appearance and functionally. Also, I am sorry that were splashed with cold rain water, that is not the best way to start your day. We will continue to look for ways to improve our guests experience and hope that you will continue to come back to us year after year when visiting the area casinos. It was a pleasure to read through your review today, again thank you for your time. If we can ever be of service please do not hesitate to contact us.
The Hyatt Place

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Center Moriches NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I was very happy with everything until I saw better pricing after I had booked, i just felt that total $378.00 was a bit much. breakfast was very good but it was very crowded due to the Kiss concert at Mohengan sun. Loved the shuttle it was very helpful not to have to worry about driving even though it is one mile from Mohegan sun. I did hear quite bit of noise all night from people coming back from the show. I think that I would stay at Mohengan sun next time just becuase of the pricing it really is not that much more money. however I did like the Hyatt.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hello!
Thank you for your review of the Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun. We truly appreciate our guests candid feedback as it helps us to better serve and assist our guests during their future stays. Please allow me to apologize if you felt that our price versus experience wasn't up to par. Please know that we try very hard to provide all of our guests a perfect balance between the cost of your trip and the experience that you have each time you stay with us. If we failed to deliver on this do not hesitate to contact us directly, we are more than happy to be of service to you. Again thank you for your time today and we do truly hope that you will be returning to our property again in the near future.

RI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Just got back from two nights at this hotel and enjoyed every minute. It was impeccably clean and spacious. We had a king bed and young niece slept on sofa bed - it was like having her own room. Every staff member we met was very nice and efficient. The complimentary breakfast was more than adequate. Hotel was extremely busy but was still very quiet. Never heard people in the halls or doors closing. Used fitness center - small but fine. Having food and beverage service 24 hours was great. Will stay again - great value.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hello!
Thank you very much for your awesome review of our hotel and services! We are trying very hard to become every travelers first choice when visiting Southeastern CT and we understand that you have plenty of options when choosing your overnight accommodations. So thank you! We truly appreciate your time and wiliness to help spread the word about our hotel and services. We hope too see you again very soon.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stayed here for one night so we could visit the casinos and not have to drive home to Boston afterwards. First the location can't be beat! I honestly think it takes 7 minutes to get to Mohegan from the hotel! The rooms are very clean and larger than we expected with a nice sitting area. The breakfast is better than most continental ones are including sausage...eggs and some amazing fresh fruit. Now for the two small issues we had. Check in took forever....granted there was a concert at Mohegan so the hotel was packed but still it was too long. Second the beds...I know some reviewers found them comfortable but we did not. I woke up with a sore neck and my husband had the same. We will gladly stay here again though and hope their prices remain affordable.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello,
Thank you for your positive review of our hotel, the Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun. If we can ever be of service to you or your guests in the future please do not hesitate to contact us, we are always ready and able to assist you in planning your next visit to our area.
NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

This hotel is well worth it if you are going to Mystic,Mohegan Sun or Foxwoods. The people are extremely friendly (especially the desk clerk when we checked in, we were told she is new...definitely a keeper) to all their guest. The room was very nice. We had a room with a king size bed that was very comfortable. The A/C was in terrific working order and kept the room at the desired temperature. The TV was a 42" flat screen that was on a swivel so you can watch it either in bed or from the couch. Every room has a fridge and little desk area. WiFi was free throughout the property. The breakfast was good (but they should have sugar free syrup) with great fruit salad. The pool was quiet and relaxing to sit at after a long day in Mystic. I would definitely recommend this property and plan on staying their in the future.

Room Tip: All rooms are probably good
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you!
We truly appreciate your very kind review of our hotel and services. Please know that we are always available and ready to assist you when planning your next visit to Southeastern CT. Thank you and we look forward to our next opportunity to host you and your guests!
Mamaroneck, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We have been regulars to this particular hotel since nearly its inception. As the expression states, "Words are simply not enough," regarding this fine establishment. The staff excels in every way. Any needs, any wants, etc., are always answered. Kudos to Alex, Wayne, Jeanne, Jake, Kyle, Vernon, Carmen, etc. Parting from the Hyatt Place, for us, is always such sweet sorrow. However, as always, we know we will be returning soon. We wouldn't have it any other way. If you are going to be in Uncasville, CT, hands down, this is the place for you! The friendliest staff around.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Timothy S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you!
We appreciate each of our guests feedback but your kind words and direct recognition of our associates continued efforts to make each guests stay a relaxed an a enjoyable one is simply remarkable. On behalf of all of our associates here in Uncasville, Thank you!
We are already looking forward to your next visit, give us a call when you are ready to join us and please never hesitate to call on us if we can do anything that will make your stay a more enjoyable one.
Ridge, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Excellent hotel at an excellent value. Room was spacious and well situated. Very clean. Would certainly stay again at that rate. Only downsides - could use a vending machine on the floor and choice of tv channels is limited.

• Stayed August 2013
Hello!
Thank you for your review of our hotel the Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun. I am very happy that you and your guests found our hotel a great value for price and services. I would encourage you to return as soon as possible as we hope to offer that each and every day! I do want to mention your concern about vending options. It is accurate that we do not have traditional vending machines available but I would like to make sure that you and other guests are aware that we do offer 24 hour food service and a 24 hour Grab and Go that features just about anything that you would find in a traditional vending machine. As always if you ever have any questions, concerns or if we can ever be of assistance please do not hesitate to call on us.
The Hyatt Place

Been to Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun? Share your experiences!