“More than the casino hotel could offer at half the price!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Uncasville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
CT
“More than the casino hotel could offer at half the price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

My boyfriend and I wanted to have a night out at the casino without worrying about driving home. Hyatt Place was the best option and we will definitely return. The standard room was huge compared to the ones at the casino. They were clean and all of the furniture was brand new. Every room also has a mini-fridge, 42" TV, and a very large couch.
The shuttle was very convenient and reliable. It ran every 30 minutes (every 15 when it was busier at night). The driver also gave every passenger a voucher for a $10 meal credit at any restaurant and a $10 bet.
Overall, it was a great stay and we are already looking at dates to return!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Long Island ,NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

Very pleasant staff , the room was clean and ready at 1 pm when we checked in. About 3 minutes from Mohegan Sun which is where we were going. Comfortable bed and pillows. Always pleased by Hyatt.

• Stayed June 2011
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

We chose this property when we contacted Mohegan for a room on a Monday night because we were seeing a concert at the arena. They were sold out on property, but booked us at the Hyatt at their partner rate.

This new Hyatt property was convenient to Mohegan, about a two minute drive before the entrance to the Mohegan main entrance (from there, another couple to navigate the myriad of garage/valet choices). There was probably even a better way to get to Mohegan than the way my GPS sent me, which was back on the highway - ask at the desk. There was a shuttle to the casino, but it ended at midnight and we were planning on staying late. I had also noticed there were quite a few concert goers checking in at the same time, and it was a pretty small shuttle.

I liked the room layout, which was living area with a sectional sofa (full pull out bed), desk & fridge and then partially separated bedroom with two queens. The bathroom had the separate sink/vanity area. As other reviewers have noted, the door to the bathroom was very large, so it made exiting the bathroom a bit awkward - design flaw I guess. The room was very clean and the bedding was comfortable.

There was a small snack bar in the lobby area that sold light snack fare, coffee and was also a bar open until 1AM. Most of the mid-range chain hotels seem to be going this direction (Courtyard, etc.) and I like it. It seemed to be fine, and there was a small, but by no means unreasonable bunch of folks in the lobby when we returned just after 12:30 and the hotel had some soft music playing. They hotel also offered complimentary continental breakfast, but I wasn't awake in time to try it.

There was a nice big flat panel tv, and if you are technically inclined, you can hook up your laptop to the tv. Which leads me to my pet peeve - particularly since this is a newer hotel. In a hotel this modern, one that actually encourages technology with an ipod dock in-room and the ability to hook a laptop up to the television, and in this age of ipods, kindles, ipads, etc, there was no in=room safe. I looked all over the room and I couldn't find it. So if there was one - it was well hidden and I apologize, but I couldn't find it anywhere.

Room Tip: Book through Mohegan to get a better rate
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
West Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

We stayed at the hotel over Memorial day weekend just for a quick stay. I was going to a concert at the Casino and my fiance wanted to check out this hotel because we have a room block here for our wedding in October. When we booked the room block we were shown a room and it looked nice. After actually staying at the hotel, it is one of my new favorites in the area. It was very clean and I love the set up of the room. The swinging tv is a great feature. We stayed in a king bed and it was the best hotel bed I've ever come across, even better than the Ritz in Orlando. My only two complaints is our room was alittle too bright in the morning, one of the windows just had a set of blinds and no curtains. And the other is that the ice machine is only on floor 4 and 6, we were on the 5th floor.

I can't say anything about the shuttle b/c we did not use it.

Overall, I'm very happy with the hotel and I'm glad we did a room block there for our wedding.

Room Tip: if you like the dark, ask for an inside room
Shelton, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

Stayed here on Memorial Day night, got a good price using my Mohegan Sun players card (have to book through Mohegan Sun to get casino rate). The check in was very fast, we asked for and received a room on the top floor. The room was a pretty good size with a sofa, a 42 inch flat screen tv, and a very comfortable bed. The bathroom was very small but had a nice walk in shower. The free continental breakfast had assorted bagels, fruits, yogurts, juices, cereals, etc.. The gym had all life fitness machines; 4-5 treadmills, a few ellipticals, a few bikes, and some free weights. The indoor pool was a decent size and heated. All employees I came in contact with were pleasant and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

My fiance and I stayed at the Hyatt Place Uncasville for a Memorial Day weekend getaway to Mohegan Sun. The main draw is the shuttle service, which door to door was approximately five minutes, if not less. The hotel's on the same road as the casino, through two lights. The shuttle service is comfortable and runs every half hour from 4p-1a (2a on weekends). Not only was it excellent, but upon arrival each passenger is given a $10 credit towards table games plus $10 towards dining or Buy 1, get 1 at the Buffet. I've stayed at other hotels around Mohegan and this shuttle was the best operated as well as the quickest. On the way to the casino it was there right on time and on the way back was hassle-free and actually even left early when my fiance and I were ready.

The hotel is pretty brand new and looks it. The rooms are enormous (much larger than on property at the casino), although there was a slight mildewy smell in our room. Also, the bathroom door is oddly large and makes the bathroom setup a little odd. Obviously this isn't major, but worth pointing out. The one thing we kept noticing was that the staff seemed to always be present and not in a good way. We never took the elevator without an employee jumping in as well. We once got stuck on an elevator that opened up in the back at each floor to the employees only area for employees to get on and off. Checking in was a little odd, the front desk seemed oddly busy despite no one else checking in at the same time, and the front desk woman failed to tell me our room number.

There is free breakfast in the morning: bagels, bread, English muffins, fruit, cereal, and oatmeal plus coffee and juice. There's also the option of paying for hot breakfast. On Memorial Day weekend, an obviously busy morning, this was fairly chaotic, but it was free, so no complaints.

I've stayed on location at Mohegan Sun as well as at a few hotels in the area and this has been my favorite so far. My fiance and I are already planning on heading back. Save the hundreds of dollars that you'd spend on staying in a tiny room in the Tower and hop down the road less than a mile and crash here. In the past, I've justified staying at the casino thinking I would pop up into the room sporadically through the night when I wanted. That never happened, and the money I would have saved I could have lost paying craps! Without a doubt, my fiance and I will be heading back.

Quincy, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

The positives about the Hyatt are that all the rooms have an updated suite/studio layout. Each room has a sectional sofa (which is also a full size pull out), flat screen TV and a bar area with a fridge (but no microwave). It has a free shuttle that runs every half hour to the casino. The staff was friendly and accommodating. We stayed for two nights over a weekend and had no problem checking in; there was no line and we breezed right up to our room. The down sides to the hotel are that the free breakfast & the lounge area are very minimal. The area was over crowded and didn’t offer much so we skipped it. Also the size of the shuttle bus is not large enough to accommodate guests, it only seats 10-12 people. We only took the shuttle once there and back, and both times numerous guests got left behind because we could not all fit on the bus.

Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun? Share your experiences!